Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chasing2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Koi fish
    Two weeks ago I found out my pond has at least five koi fish. I have no clue as to how many fish I have. I've lived at my house for two years and did not see them until two weeks ago. We don't feed them don't clean the pond. We don't do anything for them. But my question is how can I change that with out killing them and the other type of fish in their. I would like to see a little more than two feet down before it gets mucky and can't see any thing. Its not like their small. They are at least 2 1/2 - 3 feet long. It's a big pond. We have no clue how deep it is. Its also a drain pond for the corn/bean fields.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 04:25 AM

Wow, they must be very good at hiding! That's huge!

If you can somehow get them into big containers or buckets they can stay in there for an hour or more while you empty the pond and clean it.

If you use fresh water in the pond make sure you buy a water conditioner to remove any chlorine and other nasties from the tap water.
    Try to replace as much of the old water as possible.

The koi would have just been eating insects that had fallen into the water over the past few years.

They also love potted plants like water lilies in with them so they can hide away.

You are very lucky, I would love to have a koi pond, let alone on with 3 foot long koi in it! :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fish are dying. Again in fish tank. [ 3 Answers ]

Ph is high in this, the second try. All my fish died a few weeks ago, over night. Cleaned out tank and have introduced a few new fish. Now they have began to die. The ph is high, and I am trying to bring it down using peat moss this time. I have a coral rock in the tank. Could this be a problem...

My fish [ 8 Answers ]

I have a black moor that lays down in its aquarium. Is it supposed to do that? :confused:

There are no fish under the ice. [ 6 Answers ]

A blonde wanted to go ice fishing. She’d seen many books on the subject, And finally getting all the necessary tools together, she made for the ice. After positioning her comfy footstool, she started to make a circular Cut in the ice. Suddenly, from the sky, a voice boomed, “THERE ARE NO...

Big Fish [ 3 Answers ]

:( I'm having a hard time with my fish tank and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about fresh water Angelfish? They are getting sooooooooooo big and I've only had them about 8 months. I have a 47 gallon tall tank. Thanks

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

View more questions Search