Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ncbender43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 04:20 PM
    Starter Solenoid Questions
    How does a solenoid bolt as far as the wires go?

How does a starter solenoid wire up? Which wires go where?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 10:48 PM

Hi, ncbender43!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! Since your questions aren't really an introduction for yourself, I just merged together, re-titled and moved your questions that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that they will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer them. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your questions will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 05:15 AM

Solenoids have The Large battery cable hooked to the Large terminal, Starter connects to other large terminal.
    For the solenoid to energize, it needs a hot from the start switch, and the ground may go through(Park, Neutral, and other safety switches.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawnmower solenoid or starter [ 1 Answers ]

Have a 12 hp briggs mower with new solenoid. Try to start, solenoid still clicking. Does this point to the starter being bad? How is the best way to check the starter?

Starter solenoid corrosion [ 2 Answers ]

YEP, I too am having solenoid problems. But I'm hoping that I can simply clean off the corrosion on the terminals. Is this possible, practical, and if so how do I do this? Not sure what to use on it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, NH:confused:

Starter solenoid gremlin? [ 4 Answers ]

Vehicle 1998 Volvo V40 T4. Occasionally, when I turned the key, I only get a single click and no turn over. It appeared to be a parasitic battery drain. I hooked up the test light in series with the negative post and cable. Pulled each fuse on at a time, and the light never went out. ...

View more questions Search