Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Raisa1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 02:06 PM
    Castor oil weight loss
    Hello. I wanted to know if castor oil will help me lose some weight as I have read that drinking castor oil acts like a laxative? Please advise.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 02:11 PM

The weight you will lose will only be water weight... as if you had a bad case of diarhhea... which is what you will likely experience, so there really is no point in using castor oil to try and lose weight. The weight loss would be pretty minimal anyway and you would only gain it back. Not a pleasant way to lose weight.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 13, 2009, 02:11 PM

Oh, yes, castor oil will certainly work as a laxative, in fact you won't be able to stop going, so don't go out of the house until you have lost all the weight you want to.

Raisa, did a friend tell you this ? Because if so they could not have been. Castor oil is a heavy hitter in the laxative department.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

Will drinking castor oil make me lose weight? [ 11 Answers ]

I need to lose a lot of weight quickly , Don't answer if your just going to say "its unhealthy" or "you will just put it straight back on" If I drank around half a cup of castor oil a day would I lose weight? And would it be rapid? Thanks :confused:

Weight loss, making my own weight loss journal [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 and I want to lose weight and make my own weight loss journal. What are some things I sholud keep trak of? And shloud there be things I sholud add as I start, like look at taking vitmins.

What weight loss program helps you detoxify and loss weight at a good rate? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to detoxify my body and loss weight healthily and rapidly. I want to lose 80 lbs by the end of the year.. . I did south beach and I lost about 50 pounds in not even 3 months. :)

Weight loss and weight training [ 5 Answers ]

I need to lose 12 to 14 pounds I gained during the past months as a result of anxiety and not having the time to work out. I used to be fashion model thin, probably because of genes, but after having to eat precious little during a long stay in Thailand, I couldnīt eat the food there - I got...

View more questions Search