Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    runnawaygal Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 11:17 AM
    Bisexual workplace?
    I'm bisexual only 5 people know(not at work) and I like a girl who's a manager I work with. I know not a good idea but
    - She stares at me even when talking to others
    - she only says hi to me when there's other people around
    - she always helps me when I don't need it.
    - I'm clumsy so I ran into her.
    - she stands close
    - I got her Facebook hasn't added me yet

I'm thinking of asking her for coffee away from work. One girl I think does know at work since she acts like it in a bad way though. Oh and most workers hate her.if I do that though wouldn't things get around and rumors start being like oh yea she and the manager are going out?

My family wouldn't support me if I told them so its hidden for now.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 11:19 AM

Are you ready to get a new job?

The only way you should ever ask her out, is if you are willing to seek different employment.

She would probably be risking her job just to date you.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 11:26 AM
    It will effect your job. Others will assume your getting special attention while they are not. She may let you get away with more unknowingly. What if the relationship didn't work out? Can you separate that from work? I know there is no relationship at this point. But asking her for coffee may put a strain on your working relationship. What if it makes her uncomfortable. She may be acting this way towards you because some people just naturally connect better with some then others.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 13, 2009, 12:12 PM

I'm not convinced that she's interested in you. Sounds like you could be grasping at straws and looking for any possible signs of interest for you on her part.

Either way, it is not a good idea to date a co-worker. It is even worse to date your manager.

Justwantfair is right (had to spread rep), you better be prepared to find a new job if you're going to ask her out on a date.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 13, 2009, 12:20 PM

Work place romance is great when things are good, but lousy when they are not. Work is work and play is play. I think they should be kept SEPARATE.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2009, 12:26 PM

First why do only 5 people know ? Are you not living a open honest life style.

But even if this was a man/women relationship you don't ask the boss out ever.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 12:42 PM

Yes if the two of you get together people will talk and rumors will start. If you can't take rumors then don't do it. If you have tough skin then who really cares what people say? I don't and wouldn't. Before you act on this fondness for her know the pros and cons of putting yourself out there because the outcome might not be what you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm I bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

I enjoy the company of boys, I can get along very Well with them and I enjoy having sex with them I like boys a lot but I also enjoy kissing girls but I think it's just for fun and actually I have only Kissed girls when I am drunk but lately I keep Kissing this girl also when we are drunk but...

Bisexual at 41? [ 7 Answers ]

I think I'm going insane or already there. I'm 41 and in my second marriage with two children. My husband is 20 years older. We've been married 10 years and I can't stand to even look at him now. For my question - To tell you the truth - I have never thought of myself as gay or bi. But for some...

Am I Bisexual or Gay [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am 26 years old all this while I have been into many Gay relationships.. never ed a single girl.. dont know if it was by choice or lack of opportunity now I am going to get married.. not sure if I ll be able to satisfy her sexually.. please advise:confused:

Am I bisexual? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 25, male and always felt attraction for women. I had some girlfriends, but.. I feel that I like to see naked men. I have sexual fantasies with them. Nobody knows, apparently I'm straight. Anyway I can't imagine having a love relationship with a man. That's too bizarre to me, maybe because I...

View more questions Search