Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grassy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 10:06 AM
    John Deere L110 want start
    I have a john deere L110 that want start, I've changed the starter, battery and Solenoid. The starter will spin, but want engage the fly wheel. Now the 20 amp fuse has started blowing once I turn the switch on and off. Can someone help!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 13, 2009, 12:46 PM

Did it work correctly before and then stop with no other changes or repairs being done? Is it possible that the polarity is switched at the battery. Normally this would be a bad starter bendix but you say you replaced the starter and the problem is still there.

May 13, 2009, 02:07 PM

It worked perfectly when I put it up for the winter, this was my 1st attempt to start it this season

May 13, 2009, 02:10 PM
    The battery is connected properly as well...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 13, 2009, 02:10 PM

So a brand new starter makes the same sound as the old one, just spinning but not gear engagement with the fly wheel.

May 13, 2009, 02:17 PM

Yes...

May 13, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grassy View Post
    yes......
    The thing that is really, nutz now is that the 20 Amp fuse blows after turning the switch on and off... I'm wonder is the problem in the switch?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 02:47 PM

Could easily be the ignition switch. Pull switch and check for melted wires at the back of switch.

I think you might have wired the solenoid wrong which would cause this fuse problem.

Just recheck the connections there. That seems to be the only wire catalysts in changes here on wiring. Not sure how yours is grounded so I posted a couple of setups.

http://www.arcomarine.com/xhtml/Tech...%20circuts.pdf

http://www.arcomarine.com/xhtml/Tech...2377668uts.pdf

May 14, 2009, 06:41 AM

I rechecked the connections, everything appears to be wired properly based on the manual

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deere L110 won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 5 year old L110. Just replaced the battery. Started and ran fine on 2 or 3 different occasions. Pulled up on a slope where the front wheels were about a foot higher than the rear and shut the engine off for a minute. When trying to restart got a single click then NOTHING. Have...

John Deere L110 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am having trouble cranking my John Deere L110. It was running fine then in the middle of mowing I had to stop and when I tried to restart I was hearing a clicking sound when the key was turned. I read a response on this site to a similar problem and tried what was recommended. I have replaced...

John Deere L110 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L110 that won't start. It's not the battery or the starter. The engine turns over but it won't fire and I have already replaced the spark plugs and it did not help. It seems to be electrical I'm not sure.

View more questions Search