Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dikdan34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 09:18 AM
    92 honda civic not starting
    I just changed my valve cover gaskets, spark plugs and wires now my car won't start. I have charged the battery and it still dosen't want to start. Could this be the spark plug wires not being in the proper order? I thought I did it right just kind of stumped.
    Thanks
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

May 13, 2009, 09:18 PM

If the vehicle would start before the maintenance action, the obvious poroblem is the maintenance action. If the engine CRANKS but does not START, the battery is probably fine.
    The more probable cause is (as you suggested) improper spark plug wiring. The firing order is 1-3-4-2.
    Semaj70 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 09:49 PM

Are you getting spark? If not check the coil and the ignition control module. If you are the you probably messed up the timing. With the number one piston at top dead center take the cap off the distributor and note where the rotor is. That is your number one spark plug wire position. From there you go clockwise to 3 then 4 then 2. Your cylinder locations are 4-3-2-1 as you look at the engine.
    Semaj70 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 09:52 PM
    Just an afterthought...
    Did you gap the plugs?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 honda civic ex not starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 93 honda civic ex and it is not starting. I have replaced many parts: starter, distributor, main relay, spark plugs and wires and still no start, but it was an intermitten problem until one day it statred raining for an entire day. I went to stater the car and the fuel pump did't come on....

Starting my 92 honda civic [ 1 Answers ]

I put a new battery in yesterday it started up fine. I went out this morning it started with a little hesitation I went to the gym came out and had a real difficult time starting it I put my foot down on the accaelerator and after 15 min. it started. Fuel pump spark plugs fuel filter?? Any ideas

Honda Civic 91 not starting! [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I have a Honda Civic 91 and I just did a LS swap in my car! At first my car would not start here or there before! But now it's not starting at all now! When I try to start the car it'll crank like it's about to start then it'll just die! The battery is still good cause I just charged it and...

92 honda civic not starting sometimes [ 3 Answers ]

92 honda civic 4 cylinders. 1.5 liters doesn't start sometimes when I leave the car for 5 minutes. Whenever the key is turn to pre start position there is not buzzing sound from the fuel pump. But if I left the car alone for 10 minutes or so, then car starts normally. Also on the times when the...

94 honda civic not starting [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I have a 94 honda civic that I bought when it was brand new. It has quite a few miles on it and it is mainly my second car for work and short trips. Recently, it would not start no matter how much I cranked it and if I left it and came back later in the evening it would start. This has...

View more questions Search