Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

May 13, 2009, 07:40 AM
    3 Yr old saying babysitter hurting her
    Okay so yesterday I had to go to the studio after work and my mom picked up my daughter from the sitter. She said when they got in the car my daughter started crying for us. Well she took her to the park and on the way my daughter told my mom that the baby sitter hit her on her head because she was being bad. THen my mom was wiping down her hands and she started crying bad again saying her hands hurt really bad and that her auntie pinched her and popped her knuckles. I do know a few days ago when we were in the car my daughter said look I'm popping my knuckles... we didn't teach her that. That is not a good thing for her to do. So we know where she got it from. The other day she told my fiancée that 'auntie covered my nose and mouth' and we said what? Why? And she said 'to wake me up'. She also has been telling us that the sitter has been 'wetting her with the hose' we thought it was for fun so we asked her and she said 'no she is being mean... she scares me when she wets me'. We have no idea what to think!

(If u read my other posts I asked about my sitter since she has been having problems with her boyfriend... our babysitter is my sister in law. She is dating my fiancee's brother. He treats her terrible.)

I just want some opinions... my mom was abused as a child... so once my daughter told her this she told me not to take her back to the sitter. I do not plan on taking her back at this point. But what I am wondering is... could my 3 year old be making it up? But then I wonder how could she come up with these stories though. Where would she have heard them from if they aren't really happening. I just don't want to go falsely accusing anyone. But I want to know what is going on. What do you think? I mean if her boyfriend is mean to her could she be taking it out on my baby? I mean she sees me and my man so happy that maybe it bothers her. I know if we confront her... and she really is doing stuff she won't admit it. I don't know what to think.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 07:45 AM

Do not bring that child back to that sitter. You must be your child's advocate, because she can't do it herself. Remove her from the sitters care and find a reliable daycare
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 13, 2009, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 20anonymous08 View Post
    I know if we confront her ... and she really is doing stuff she won't admit it. I don't know what to think.
    Hello 20:

You've got TWO things going on here. You want to protect your daughter AND you want retribution and/or something on your sister-in-law.

My advice is do NOT leave your daughter under her care anymore, and keep your mouth shut. That's ALL. Do nothing more than that, unless you want to start a big family fight. Maybe that's what you want. I don't know. If so, confront her.

excon
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 07:55 AM

YOUR DAUGHTER IS CRYING OUT FOR YOUR HELP.

It doesn't matter if she is right, she is right about how this person is making her feel. SAVE YOUR DAUGHTER.

Why are you even thinking twice about it?

May 13, 2009, 08:05 AM

Just want to add... **I already have taken her out of her care. And I will not be taking her back to her. I understand that and I am looking out for the best for my baby. No ONE is going to hurt my child! I just wanted your opinions as to what you think about the situation. This is my first child.. I am new to this. Just wondering if it was possible for her to make it up at her age. My instinct has been telling me that it is impossible for her to make that up.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 08:07 AM

3 year old has no knowledge of these things therefore I believe she could not have given you such detail without experiencing it
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 08:13 AM

No, children don't make up things at three like this.

They say they don't know who colored all over the living room wall in scribble, but they don't tell stories about people hurting them.

If she runs a daycare or has other children in her care, I would report her.

May 13, 2009, 09:17 AM

That's what I figured. That is why she is not going to go back to her. Thank you for your information. I will not stand back and let anyone hurt my baby. That is why I will never put her in a daycare. You can't trust strangers. But based on my experiences I guess you can't trust family either. In any case my mom is watching her now again and now I can relax knowing she is in good hands.

She doesn't run a daycare. My daughter is the only child she watches other then her step daughter and son.

She has been watching my daughter for well over a year now... I feel terrible that I don't know what has been going on over there all this time. My daughter just brought it up now but what was going on before she could talk? Ughh I'm so angry. At least I know it won't happen anymore!!
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 09:21 AM

Yes and you can continue to be aware and watch for signs in her step daughter and her son.

I doubt the abuse was only used on your daughter.

Good luck to you, you made the right choice. There are even many strangers that if you do your research are completely trustworthy. They also make quite a few versions of babycams, so that you can watch children that are of limited or no talking ages, to help ensure their safety.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 11:26 AM

Always follow your instincts. It was telling your daughter didn't make these things up so listen to it and your daughter always.

Glad you no longer take her there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Babysitter/nanny taxes [ 1 Answers ]

If I baby-sit/nanny and make over $400.00 in a year, at age 21, am I required to pay self-employment, state, federal, soc. sec. etc. taxes? (I am a full-time student)

What is the going rate for a babysitter? [ 18 Answers ]

We will be using a babysitter for the first time. She is a daughter of a friend and 14 years old and has experience with a youngster as she has a sibling the similar age of my son? She does not know what to charge. What should I give her?

Babysitter web sites [ 9 Answers ]

I am in need of a Babysitter due to limited budget I can't afford to sigh up for these sites are there any free sites for parents to find a sitter Thank You Jodi:confused:

Not ready for a Babysitter [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I think I have issues. My baby is 3 months old, and she is my first. I don't work yet, but plan too sometime soon. My husband works, but gets a lot of time off. We are always home with the baby, one of us. We live on his parents property, close to their house. My parents are 30 minutes away, so...

View more questions Search