Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candice03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 07:31 PM
    Relinquish parental rights
    In the state of North Carolina how does a father voluntary relinquish his parental rights and give all rights to the mother?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2006, 06:00 PM
    I doubt that he does, at least without the mother's consent. Of course, the father always has the option of not exercising any of his rights. Keep in mind, however, that failing to exercise your rights does not relieve you of the responsibilities you have as a father.
    mom dukes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 06:03 PM
    What does a father in NC do if he is supporting his child and the mother will not let him see the child because he won't take her back. My friend has a son that is 14 years old and he has been paying child support through the courts every month - she gets almost $300 a month for 14 years through the court in support. She has not allowed him to see or spend time with his son since he was born and has the child calling her x husband daddy. She has even gone so far as to go on a local radio show telling how her child support has paid for her car, new home and new breasts. Meanwhile - my friend - who supports 2 other children also - can hardly support himself while she lives like a queen. I really think that if the law can enforce child support payments - than it should also be able to enforce visitation without the father having to go to the added expense of getting an attorney. Mothers go to DSS and are awarded support - why can't DSS help the dads too?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terminate parental rights [ 4 Answers ]

My son who is 15, used to live with me and my wife. I had physical custody. He became violent and disruptive and very hard to handle. My exwife moved him in with her for a while, but he also got into trouble there. To make a long story short,he now lives with my ex brother in law and he now has...

Parental rights [ 11 Answers ]

I am divorced. My ex-wife has a boy friend who wants to adopt my children. They are not married. Does he have to marry her before he can adopt? Do I have any rights to visit or communicate with my children if I give permission to adopt?

Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Richmond Va and have a 12 year old daughter. At this time my ex-husband has full custody of her . He called and informed me that she wanted to live with me full time which I already knew but he said the only way he would allow that to happen is if I got the paperwork drawn up for him to...

Parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. Im 36 weeks pregnant and the father of the baby doesn't want anything to do with the baby. He wanted me to get an abortion and has said a bunch of stuff like he would pay support but he doesn't want to see or have anything to do with the baby. Then he said later that he wasn't...

Father parental rights? [ 7 Answers ]

I havent seen my son in about 5 years or so even though we live a stone throw away. I have always acknowledged him with each birthday and xmas too. He is seven years of age and my ex partner has a new life as I do too. I have tried to hide my pain over these years hoping she'd have the decency...

View more questions Search