Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ramish Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2009, 02:34 AM
    Wordpad Options (Under View Menu)
    Hello,

I am working on wordpad and wanted to know what Option (Under View Menu) exactly does when we point to (Writer) and the (Embedded).

I know how to work with (Text) (Word) and (Rich Text), but the options for (Writer) and the (Embedded) does not bring any changes on my working area on Wordpad.

I was wondering if there is anyone who can help me with this.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 13, 2009, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramish View Post
    I am working on wordpad and wanted to know what Option (Under View Menu) exactly does when we point to (Writer) and the (Embedded). I know how to work with (Text) (Word) and (Rich Text)...
    The View options and functionality for Windows Write and Embedded documents viewed with Wordpad are the same as for Text, Word, and Rich Text format documents.

...but the options for (Writer) and the (Embedded) does not bring any changes on my working area on Wordpad.
    Are you viewing a Windows Write or Embedded document while making changes?

If you are in need of a better text editor that is also free, have a look at Crimson Editor, EditPad Lite, or Notetab Light. Notetab supports regular expressions (regular-expressions.info) and has programming features.

May 13, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Well, I am a computer lecturer (Newly Joined a College) and I want to explain how exactly the option (Under the View Menu) works for each student.

Practically working on this environment, I need to explain them each and everything about Word Pad and the Option Command consist of (Options, Text, Rich Text, Word, Embedded and Write) needs to be explained individually

Please let me know if there is any way that practically can show the functionality of Embedded and Write)

CHEERS,
    Hardware Expert

May 13, 2009, 07:51 AM
    Please let me know if there is any way that practically can show the functionality of Embedded and Write.
    *sigh* Ok, you sucked me in, and I'll gladly concede defeat. Opening several old Write documents that I have, changing the options under the Write tab did nothing for me either. Only the options under the Text tab actually changed anything. It's Microsoft software, consider that it may not work properly. That would be a good practical lesson for the students to learn. Maybe as an exercise they could figure out how it works or what Microsoft's intent was.

It's unfathomable to me that a college is spending course preparation and class time explaining Microsoft Wordpad. What exactly are you preparing these students for? Are they special needs or something?

May 13, 2009, 08:45 AM
    Ya, they are going to be prepared for (SINA CUST = Certified User Support Technician). SINA is the name of the College where I am a lecturer. CUST diploma course is designed by ME and it is a 1 year IT diploma course.

They are being trained in IT from different perspectives and they have 5 main subjects to be trained for and one of them is (Computer Application) where we train them for Office Package and other packages in the next semesters.

It is always needed for an IT technician to technically sound too good in terms of Troubleshooting and User Training and that is why we have included Microsoft Packages (OS & Application) in the first semester of their course ONLY for Application subject.

Anyway, I was searching the web today for these two complications (Write & Embedded) and found that Microsoft Windows Write was a text editor with Windows 1.0 and 20. When there was no Notepad and/or Word Pad. The extension of these files still exists in Word Pad (*.wri), but to create a Write File and how to enable the Write Option in Word Pad seems too complicated to me.

I will surely want to communicate the reason which you said to students, but that might not sound good. In case if the problem is unsolved, then I will try to communicate this message by putting it as a challenge for them to find the answer so that we can admire that talented student by awarding him prize.

Please let me know if there is anything you will find out in this regard

CHEERS;
    Hardware Expert

May 13, 2009, 09:29 AM
    Please let me know if there is anything you will find out in this regard
    When researching my original response I did not find any Microsoft documentation concerning these options. I'm also not planning on spending anymore time on this.

"I don't know." is a perfectly valid response for your support technicians faced with an arcane question of trivial importance. Any customers desiring an in-depth understanding of Wordpad for their own edification should be encouraged to obtain a Microsoft support agreement and contact Microsoft directly.
    Mahnaz4U Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 12:05 AM
    U just can enable the embedded by copying something from the other wordpad and paste it to the current wordpad page and then double click on that text ( now the embedded will be able) and u can bring changes to that..

But I am also looking for an answer of (write)
    *** kindly if someone know mail me ([email protected])
    Thanks in Advance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XP keeps replacing Wordpad.exe after its deleted [ 4 Answers ]

Twice this week, Wordpad.exe has refused to run (corrupt?); so I replaced it. Immediately, the file Wordpad.exe is replaced by the system -- with its own copy. Granted, it is not faulty at first; but I cannot even put a newer one in. For example: I open C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories...

Start Menu "All Programs" won't show the menu [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! This is my first post My Start Menu "All Programs" won't show the menu. Any kind soul please help

Can not view fax messages sent to me see a weird coding how can I change options? [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to change the way I can view the messages... when I open it I see weird coding like this:%âãÏÓ 1 0 obj <</Type /XObject /Subtype /Image /Width 1728 /Height 2140 /BitsPerComponent 1 /ColorSpace /DeviceGray /Filter /CCITTFaxDecode Well I did not want to put the entire...

TV Menu not working, Remote Menu working but different, so all we can do is watch TV? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I got this JVC television set with the normal cable, 2 red, 2 white, 1 yellow holes in the back. In the front there is the power button, volume button, channel and menu button. The chanel and menu buttons however don't have buttons sticking out so we have to poke things in them to work it. ...

View more questions Search