Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    renee59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 04:04 PM
    Custody of my 17 month old Daughter
    I lived with a guy for 18 months and we got pregnant he stayed with me until she was 3 month old I am in SC he went back to MISS he pays no money but calls 24/7 cussing me and my family out he is not on the birth until but she does have his last name. Do I have soul custody of her or can he come steal her from me as he has told me he is going to. I am getting a retraining order on him tomorrow, because of all the treats he won't work here when he was here and he has been back home for 14 months and have no job. Please help me I have no money right now to get a lawyer..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2009, 06:07 PM

If he is not on the birth certificate, he has no legal status yet. He can always file for custody in court or at least file for visitation.

But of course he does not pay you, you have not went to court and got a court order for child support, so he does not owe you anything yet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I feed my 9 month old daughter? [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if I can give my 9 month old regular vitamin d milk instead of formula?

I want to have soul custody of my almost 5 month old daughter [ 4 Answers ]

I want soul custody of my daughter, I can't stand her father by the minute.. at first he was a great guy but shortly after I found out about the pregnancy he became a real jerk.. as of now he is on probation for another 2 years and gets out of house arrest next month.. he lost his job recently due...

I have custody of my kids 1 month - do I have to pay child support for said month? [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I live in separate states. In our divorce agreement, he gets custody of the kids 90% of the time and I do 10% of the time. This ends up being one month out of the summer that I get them. Am I obligated to pay him child support for this one month that I have them, and, if so, how...

Single mother wanting to take 10 month old daughter out of state for a month [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother who has joint custody of my 10 month old daughter it is not court ordered but she has lived with me only since she was born her dad pays child support and sees her for a few hours once a week, so I pretty much have full custody just not through the courts. I would like my...

View more questions Search