Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gill78ight Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 02:07 PM
    Kenmore Elite Coldspot 106.74203401 refrigerator freezing food
    My 3 year-old refrigerator (freezer on top) suddenly began freezing some of the food in the fridge portion. Not all food is frozen. I increased the temperature from 37 to 40 and more food has frozen since. I unplugged for approximately 10 seconds, but problem persists. Any ideas as to what could be causing problem and how I could go about fixing it?:confused:
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2009, 02:22 PM

This can be caused by a bad thermostat. Malfunctioning damper doors can also cause this.

I can't find your model number so I can't point you to a manual. Maybe you can find it here:

Manage My Home - Find Product Manuals, Search Results - Managemyhome.com

I did find it on the sears parts direct site:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...3401&pop=flush

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite side by side (Coldspot) [ 7 Answers ]

I called Sears, they checked it out and said the compressor went out. I think this is the model #106.50503990 It is still running. Sears wants to charge $600 with labor and compressor... where can I find my own compressor and have some one else install it... PLEASE ADVISE.

Kenmore "Coldspot" refrigerator with standing water [ 8 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore "Coldspot" refrigerator that is about seven years old. There is a constant puddle of water on our top shelves in the back of the fridge. I wipe it out and the next day there is water again. Why??

Ice Maker on Kenmore Elite Coldspot not Making Ice [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Coldspot Side by Side Fridge/Freezer, and the Ice Maker has stopped making ice. I can't locate my manual to look in the troubleshooting guide... any tips or advice for how to fix this problem myself?

Kenmore Elite refrigerator freezing food [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into a new house with appliances that are only two years old. Our Kenmore Elite Refrigerator has been working fine for three months until we went away for three days this weekend. We came home to frozen food and drinks. It seems that I cannot decrease the temperature by pressing the...

View more questions Search