Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Jun 23, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    I'll watch and stop bringing out the Hooka to share tobacco smoke and swap stories.:cool:
    I'm not sure 'bout "other" smokes, BUT regular tobacco, and its residue is deadly to Solanum lycopersicum
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 03:08 PM
    Polish right?
    I'm going with what Tick said about the tomato and tamatoes.;)
    I'm thinking the last 3 words are a derivative of tomato unless I have it wrong and it's Russian.:eek:
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 04:26 PM

I know not enough polish to make it by in a polish town but if I remember the polish english dictionary I've got some where in my book shelf.. *runs off* it says something about tomato & I say pomidorai So maybe it is you say tomato and I say hmmm.. tomatoe?
    A I don't know at first I thought maybe greek but then I realized greek doesn't look like that mind you I've never seen greek written in english if its even possible lol
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 04:31 PM

Now that I think about it the last word may be pomidorai its self therefore it would be you say tomato and I say pomidorai
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 04:37 PM
    How about translating just one word...

I've got so much help from KUXJ, he is such a 'mensch'

Oh! I forgot to offer a prize! I have nothing, sorry!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Polish right?
    I'm thinking the last 3 words are a derivative of tomato unless I have it wrong and it's Russian.:eek:
    No... it is from an old song which probably KUJX would recognize (I really have a problem with you moniker KUJX, is there a derivative of that we can use that rolls of the tongue a lot better?). The song goes 'you say tomatoe, I say taumauto, oh lets call the whole thing off', the old movie it was from was about a man and a woman, woman from England where they drew out their vowels, as in tauuuuumatooo.

And, I prefer tick to be in lower case not Tick. Not a big deal but it's a thing with me.

You all

Tick

Jun 23, 2009, 06:37 PM
    You Girls are hard to keep up with :)

Polish right?
    You didn't see the hint at the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by binx44 View Post
    i know not enough polish to make it by in a polish town but if i remember the polish english dictionary i've got some where in my book shelf.. *runs off* it says something about tomato & I say pomidorai So maybe it is you say tomato and i say hmmm.. tomatoe?
    a i dunno at first i thought maybe greek but then i realized greek doesnt look like that mind you i've never seen greek written in english if its even possible lol
    Λέω την ντομάτα, λέτε την ντομάτα

now that i think about it the last word may be pomidorai its self therefore it would be you say tomato and i say pomidorai
    You're getting warmer... ;)

How about translating just one word...

I've got so much help from KUXJ, he is such a 'mensch'

Oh! I forgot to offer a prize! I have nothing, sorry!
    kalbate = talking

Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    No....it is from an old song which probably KUJX would recognize (I really have a problem with you moniker KUJX, is there a derivative of that we can use that rolls of the tongue a lot better?). The song goes 'you say tomatoe, I say taumauto, oh lets call the whole thing off', the old movie it was from was about a man and a woman, woman from England where they drew out their vowels, as in tauuuuumatooo.

tick
    How 'bout:

"Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" 1937, Gershwin Brothers, (Now there went a couple of fine menschs) Fred Astaire, and Ginger Rogers in “Shall We Dance”

“They” say No One could top Fred Astaire's dancing prowess, but “Ya know what”? Ginger did it, AND she did it backwards, and in high heels! ;)

Let's Call the Whole Thing Off - Wikipedia

Awww... tick I don't know... I say q-jix, you say coo-jx... ”Let's call the whole thing...

From ~ “the joker” ~ Steve Miller Band:
    YouTube - Steve Miller Band - The Joker

I do share Steve Miller's first name... K or k or ku will do to...

Louis Armstrong - Let's Call The Whole Thing Off Lyrics

Christopher Walken's Monologue

As for the Contest, I am going to call it a three way tie. If at night you hear a sputtering WWII bi-plane overhead... ruuuunnn for cover, Eddie's droppin' your prizes.

The “Pomputus of Love”

K

Edit:
    Geeez, I forgot :o :

Jūs kalbate, pomidorų , powiadam pomidorai = You say tomato, I say tomato
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 04:42 AM

LOL k... I figured that that's what it said after I logged off lol...
    Λέω πατάτας, λέτε πατάτας. Τι ένας θαυμάσιος τρόπος να ξυπνήσω εγκεφάλου μου μέχρι το πρωί.
    Now what's that say LOL... :P
    *tilts head* my my I think I hear a sputtering WWII bi-plane *runs outside* TOMATOOOOO :D lol.
    I didn't know that line was in a song though
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 04:44 AM
    به شما می گویند گوجه فرنگی ، گوجه فرنگی من
    بگو

Now it was hard to find my keyboard option for that but that is "you say tomato, i say tomato" in Persian. I'll never get the hang of backwards writing so I hope I got it right

Jun 24, 2009, 05:57 AM
    LOL k... i figured that thats what it said after i logged off lol...
    Λέω πατάτας, λέτε πατάτας. Τι ένας θαυμάσιος τρόπος να ξυπνήσω εγκεφάλου μου μέχρι το πρωί.
    Now whats that say LOL.... :P
    *tilts head* my my i think i hear a sputtering WWII bi-plane *runs outside* TOMATOOOOO :D lol.
    I didnt know that line was in a song though
    I say potato, you say potato. What a wonderful way to wake up my brain this morning.

Close enough?.

The Persian's going to take a little longer.

My end is doing okay, been busy outdoors... ran into minor prob with my glass block window install... will have'ta work on BB's condo, what I feared is happening, the bucket is deforming... will have to add extra support handles... no bigge I hope.

K
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 06:37 AM

You were actually completely exact on that one k :D yea persian I find takes me forever to translate :D. Glad its going good on your end... What went wrong with your glass block window installation? Ohh no. the bucket is deforming.. that might not be good. Lets hope all you need is just extra support handles:D

Best of luck

B44

Jun 24, 2009, 11:35 AM
    you were actually completely exact on that one k :D yea persian i find takes me forever to translate :D. Glad its going good on your end... What went wrong with your glass block window installation?
    best of luck

B44
    Thank You!

The wall is made outa' 50 year old Cin... Der block you can see flakes of red, black, green, white and orange in it :cool:, and I was "attempting to enlarge the opening" when part of a block cracked off :eek:.. So had to repoint, waitin' for motar to set up, is all.

I wanted to make a mini-greenhouse outa' it but Dear Wife (DW) says no. :(

Ohh no. the bucket is deforming.. that might not be good. lets hope all you need is just extra support handles:D
    Drilled holes

Ran 12/3romex, Ol' 'lectrican told me add 10% to length still came up a little short, had just 'nough. In the "after pix" you can see where I ran it up, then twist tied to pole.

See pix, don't know what happened to the "after" one. UV, I guess? Liked it, kept it.

All done!. Sky is brilliant today! 30°, now ~ forecast same tomorrow 32°

K
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 11:40 AM

Wow.. usually cinder block that old crumbles more then what happened to you. Your lucky there. We had some we completely removed from the house and re did it in concrete block... we tapped one of the old cinderblocks and the two blocks crumbled to dust.
    Hehe isn't that usually the way, the man wants something, the woman of the house says no, the man sadly nods and goes off to do his own thing *LMAO* (j/k)
    I do think it might have been the UV. We have some hand made bird feeders made of plastic buckets and they warped but made a neat shape so we kept them up. WOW your lucky , the suns shining on your end and its nice and warm, its Cloudy as all get out here and the temp as reached 32-34 with the humidex and its supposed to humid tomorrow too.. :o Ohh the poor poor pup I have... he sure hates the humidity (well I guess he's not a pup he's 7 but he still looks like a puppy and acts like one)
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 12:14 PM
    K. I hope the new improved handle on the bucket holds up.:)

I hope mine doesn't pull the fence down!:eek:

When you said it was beautiful and in the 30's I was confused, but then realized you were talking to B44 in C.

I liked the pink:D

B44 Your computer problem your having on the other post, could it have something to do with you changing the language to Persian the other day? Or have been having it a while.

Jun 24, 2009, 12:53 PM
    b44

That's what I thought 'bout the old block too, but surprisingly its in pretty good shape!

Well, I do enjoy sleeping in our bed... ;)

Strange... When I took it, the cam acted like nothing happened, so I took it again, you see the result. The cypress in the background and the lattice look kind of normal.

That low pressure system is have'n a ens... :eek:WELL! How 'bout that, I wanted to say d...ens, as in Charles, but the server C*****ed it out!:eek:
    Of a time "movin out".

Are you near the "Bay of Fundy"?

He's sure getting up there. Is he the "binxster"?

Just Dahlia

Thanks JD, I sure we'll be okay now.

Me too!

My apologies, Just trying to keep up International relations :rolleyes:

If you want to talk 'bout PC problems here, It has to involve tomahtoes... :rolleyes:

Did I ever tell you 'bout the time I used an 'ol ATX box for a tomahtoe planter? ;)

K
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 03:46 PM

JD.. no its had been happening before I did that... weeks before.. I just thought I'd post about it now.. me being a little slow sometimes LMAO and I like tomahtoe

KU.. Well you just gone done confused me.. beds? Huh? I like beds...
    Your right. The weather just isn't being very nice.. I know I've tried to type things like that before but its done it to my words too. :(

Technically if you go by the breed description he's lived about half his life.. He is the one in my picture.. And his name is Rebel :D

Am I near the "Bay of Fundy" well if I walk straight up the road for about 20 minutes, I'd get into town, go through town and be staring at the old docks we have, the docks being attached to water and that water is from THE BAY OF FUNDY.. hehehe so yes I do live near the bay. LOL.. so computer talk needs to have tomahtoe in it. Hmm *goes up and adds something* :D
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 04:49 PM
    I have such a positive attitude, NOTHING is wrong with my toms.:D

I fixed my drip today, again 102 degrees.

Tomorrow I will MG everybody in the evening after sun has set:)

Jun 24, 2009, 05:47 PM
    KU..Well you just gone done confused me.. beds? huh? i like beds...:D
    You said:

Hehe isn't that usually the way, the man wants something, the woman of the house says no, the man sadly nods and goes off to do his own thing

And I said:

Well, I do enjoy sleeping in our bed... ;)

Meaning... If I didn't, "sadly nod and go off to do my own thing"... and instead started an argument, then I wouldn't be sleeping with my tomahto (DW) in our own bed.

Make sense now?

K
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 06:10 PM

Hehehe yes.. must have been one of them moments where my brain decided to stop working

I was wondering... Since our climate can fluxuate during the summer usually mid teens to mid to high twenties... up to low thirtys with the humidex. Is there a specific strain of tomato that would grow better then others. And when ripe what are the tomatoes like? *some taste different, sweeter, you get what I mean I hope lol* and how big are they? I have a farm supply/animal feed/pet product store here that I think I might be able to find a few different kinds at

Jun 26, 2009, 04:02 AM
    Hi! Everyone :)

News from the Bucket, June 26th, 2009 ~ Vol. I ~ Ed. IX:

Weather sure been different this week. Started a little below seasonal Temps (avg. -4 departure) with a storm passing though Saturday morning (20th) early, to temps 3° above.
    The Cooling Degree Days are finally starting to forge ahead of the Heating Degree Days. BBX received 0.92” ~ KCXY 1.42

An over-nite line of storms died out just on our doorstep this morning, but the NWS is forecasting a re-generation with the frontal passage 'bout 19:00 UTC.

In the “Kant fool Mother Nature” Department:
    With the increase in daily temps, and a generous supply of UVA and B, BB's Bucket started to deform. There is a UVC but the EPA tells me that UVC can't pass through our atmosphere.
    That Newton guy 'mite have something to do with it too. Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica - Wikipedia

Well, in any event I rigged an extra set of suspenders (see pinkish pix in previous post) and I'm able to sleep better at night. I wonder if BB does?. I'll have to look that up... Do Plants Sleep? To the best of my knowledge they slow down when the Sun goes down, but don't actually suspend their animation like Humans do. You can form your own opinion from here: Do Plants Sleep? - Google Search

Speaking of Boy Wonders I started pruning him back, nothing serious, just making sure the suckers are out'a the “crack in the crotch”.
    I've read, one can trim everything back, except the last 3 to 4 branches on a stem, but that seems a little drastic. Then there's “Missouri” pruning where you just pinch off the tips of the branch... I've tried to reach a happy medium that suits me.
    For more info: pruning tomatoes - Google Search

BB is 48” vertical, and 32” in breadth ('cuz of pruning) with a total of 8 fruits, the largest approaching billiard ball size.

As a re-affirmation for me, in the “things happen in three's Department” I'd like to offer a moment of silence for Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson.

I had said that to my DW after hearing 'bout Farrah... and then Michael.

“We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give”.

Sir Winston Churchill........British politician (1874 - 1965)

I usually have a catchy ending to my news, but for now...

K

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Growing Tomatoes [ 11 Answers ]

Last summer, my fiancé and I tried to grow some tomatoes and peppers. We were not very successful. Our tomatoes were so tiny. And hardly any peppers bloomed. Are we watering too much? Could it be the type of soil. Last year we had them in containers, this year we are hoping to grow them in...

Tomatoes are dying [ 6 Answers ]

My tomatoes plants are turning yellow starting from the ground and moving up. The leaves are yellow and curling. What is causing this and can they be saved. I water then at all different times but never after 6 p.m. I usually shower the entire plant. Also, one plant out of six is really bad...

Something eating my tomatoes [ 1 Answers ]

Something just started eating our tomatoes. We had several about to ripen, went out to pick today and most of them had been bitten into. I looked around and something had taken a bite out of half my maters.(Grrrrrrrrrr) Its not insects. There are areas where you can see teeth marks. I'm thinking,...

Cheap Tomatoes? What does this mean to you! [ 2 Answers ]

I am not sure what my position is on this yet. But, I thought I would post it to spark a discussion and maybe help me formulate my opinion >From a California school teacher - - - "As you listen to the news about the student protests over illegal immigration, there are some things that you...

View more questions Search