Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimber1971 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 12:08 PM
    How do you get out of lease option to buy?
    Hello, I was wondering how I could get out of a lease option to buy? Without having to stay for the remainder of the lease.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 12, 2009, 12:25 PM

Negotiation with the landlord or else you are in breach.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2009, 12:44 PM

How does someone go from "lease option to buy" to "house is in foreclosure"??
    ForeclosureHelp Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Jun 8, 2009, 04:37 PM

If you don't want to go forward with the lease option - the only thing you will lose is your down payment?

We work with other organizations that offer the same service... the owner is helping you to buy the house & if you change your mind then it should not be their fault you do not want the house anymore or you are not able to qualify for the mortgage.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 8, 2009, 04:41 PM

You need to read your contract. The contract will specify your options for early termination or default.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lease with option to buy and eviction in Florida [ 2 Answers ]

How difficult is to evict in Florida when the contract is a Lease with Option to Buy? Someone was tellling me that the Lessor is considered part owner so it will be more dificult to evict if they fail to pay the rent.:confused:

Lease Option w/upfront profit - how to [ 1 Answers ]

I rented out my house a year ago to tenants that have had a hard time paying rent, here of late. Their lease expires on Feb. 02, 2009. I do not plant to renew the lease, but would really like to sell the home to a good friend, who lives next door to the house. In the event, he is not able to...

Breaking a lease to purchase option [ 2 Answers ]

I am in a third 6 month lease to purchase option to purchase my home . My circumstances have changed and I now do not wish to sell . Can I legally cancel a lease to purchase option in Texas. burk

Lease option/backing out [ 1 Answers ]

I recently signed a lease with the option to purchase agreement with a tenant. It has been 2 days and he wants to back out of this agreement. Is there a cooling off period or recission period for leases in Nevada? I believe that I can hold him responsible for the lease/option. He gave me a check...

Help lease option [ 4 Answers ]

Is it legal for a landlord to walk in hand you a lease option paper asking for a high amount of money and give you 30 days to move if you do not have it? Then to ask for a counter proposal which I did, all in writing he had not seen it we discussed ot over the phone a agreed I sent a check he...

View more questions Search