Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvqjimbo1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2006, 12:26 PM
    HVAC blower motor--screwed up wiring-- HELP
    Relaced blower motor, but wires are different from old motor--can hear it click on, but nothing else. Have part and model numbers for old motor (GE), new motor (Dayton-PSC), and HVAC (Goodman) Please Help-- am burning up here--(south texas)
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2006, 02:51 PM
    Did you replace the capacitor?

Sep 27, 2006, 03:09 PM
    Thanks for help---- replaced capacitor---- correct wires ? No telling
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2006, 03:24 PM
    How is it wired? What color wires where?

Sep 27, 2006, 03:34 PM
    I didn't take remove motor (wish I had--would have diagrammed everything) when new motor arrived, the capacitor was given by sales guy to fit new motor

Sep 27, 2006, 03:42 PM
    Old motor was GE- 7 wires:black, 2 browns, 1 beige (white), 1 orange, 1 red, 1 yellow----------- new motor Dayton (PSC)-- can't tell about wire colors- already installed--I KNOW there is 8 wires, not 7------- tyring to fix husband's screw-up--have no idea what he did after initially not work
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2006, 03:43 PM
    Have you put the new motor in? What color wires do you have? Have you wired anything up yet? If so what color wire do you have going where?

Sep 27, 2006, 03:44 PM
    Sorry slow to respond-- am new to site and still learning-- do appreciate the help

Sep 27, 2006, 03:49 PM
    Have to get back to youon that one-- anyway to have instant messaging on this site -- It seems there must be an easier way--- if so, I have no problem giving you ( only you ) my email address. Let me know.
    I'll log-in again in a little while if I can figure out what the ___ he did

THANKS AGAIN
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2006, 04:00 PM
    Go to my name in response and you will have a pull down that will say "send private e-mail. I will then give you my e-mail address
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2006, 04:21 PM
    The brown, brown with white stripe both to capacitor: white to contactor: black(high speed) to fan relay> Red is low speed and blue is med speed,Cap off if only using one speed. The purple and yellow is for fan rotation. They can be reversed for proper rotation of fan. Does this help any?

Sep 27, 2006, 05:00 PM
    I found this info. + more from one of your replies to (forgot) on 4-17-06

For Carrier, I think; also said:

Yellow conncted to purple for fan rotation
    Orange... brown... otation

Whatever, will use what you just sent me.

Will see what I can do -- probably be bugging you again
    Cross your fingers for me !

Bye for now
    \ dvqjimbo1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower Motor bad or what? [ 7 Answers ]

Howdy, My FURNACE/AC blower motor has quit workng. Checked unit... the squirrel cage fan spins smoothy, no bearing noise or roughness, when turned by hand. When I turn A/C on I hear A/C unit come on but fan doesn't blow. Same when turning on heating unit. Same response in 'AUTO' or 'ON' modes....

Blower Motor wiring [ 4 Answers ]

Blower motor has 4 wires +ground. 1 yellow 1 blk & 2 brwn(one with a small copper band on it) How is it to be wired to power? Which is common and which for speed? Thanks.

Furnace blower motor wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old furnace blower that I want to convert to a shop air clearner. I want the motor to operate from a normal 110 volt switch. My question is which wires do I connect to the switch? The motor is a 1/2 hp Emerson Model K55HXLGG3702 It has 6 wires - black, white, brown, blue, red, yellow

Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have read multiple posts about wiring for blower motors and saw one that almost answered my question. I have an old blower motor that I would like to convert to a shop air filter. I know that it is a multi-speed motor. It has 8 wire connections and are labeled as such: Power cap cap ...

View more questions Search