Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mazzie Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 11:45 AM
    Cannot acces recovery console
    I am trying to do an XP home repair and when I try and enter recovery console it asks me for a password. I do not know the password. If I just hit enter it takes me to c:\windows and hangs there. I have tried going into control panel, admin tools, but there is no Local Security Policy so I can enable the no password on entering recovery console. Any help out there?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 27, 2006, 11:49 AM
    The password that is needed to access the recovery console is the administrator one.
    If you can boot the system normally, and by the sounds of it you can, just reset the password to something you can remember.
    I have to ask what you are try to fix as the recovery console may NOT be your best route ?
    A repair install maybe a better course of action.
    Here's the official Micro$oft way of doing a repair install,
    And Here's one with screen shots.
    mazzie Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 11:53 AM
    I apologize, I am trying to do a repair install.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 27, 2006, 01:24 PM
    Best option then is to check the links I supplied.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very serious PC problems! Can't acces my registry! [ 11 Answers ]

Hello! First of all, sorry for my bad english, there are some words I just don't know! Now, my computer runs smooth but I do have a virus, 2 of wich I know of to be exact (Instant Acces and 5x DSO Exploit). I know these 2 virusses (spelled right?) can only be removed manually but that's the...

Fax Console not working [ 11 Answers ]

I can't get MS Fax Console to work. I have a fax sitting in the Outbox waiting to be sent but the Status is "Fatal Errors" and indicates that it has exceeded the number of tries. It hasn't even tried to send the fax though. Microsoft claims that when one has a Broadband connection it isn't...

Secureing acces to my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know how can I secure my computer from being accesed by another user who has domain user rights.. My computer is connected to the domain. And I use windows fire wall also How I can protect ir from being accesed from the above.. Please help

(vb+ acces)the Microsoft jet database engine stopp [ 0 Answers ]

Hi , I hope you can help me please I wrote a clocking program that people use to clock in,in the morning The program is written in visual basic 6 with an ado control that is connecting to an access 2000 database and using a Microsoft jet 4.0 ole db provider. My ado control settings are as...

View more questions Search