Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bvbaker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 04:26 AM
    Unfit parent?
    Me and my husband are losing our home do to the economy and we have to move in with a family member until we can get back on our feet. Will I be considered unfit to get my son taken from me?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 12, 2009, 04:39 AM

Why would you even think this?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2009, 08:35 AM

No, right now your doing what you have to do.

Your unfit if your abusing your child, not properly taking care of him or her, etc. The list goes on and on. So relax!

There is nothing wrong with you and your kids staying at a relative house. Be lucky you have some where to stay because some people don't. Some people are actually sleeping in their cars. Thank goodness a relative is taking you and your kids in.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 14, 2009, 06:57 AM

As long as you have a roof over their head and their needs met and are not abusing or neglecting him you should be okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step Parent Unfit To Parent? [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how to prove a step parent unfit. My exhusband recently married a woman who my child is all but terrified of. I have asked my child several times what is wrong and they tell me this woman is mean, keeps the child from their father, slaps them, spanks them (which the woman...

Unfit parent [ 3 Answers ]

What is an unfit parent?

Unfit parent [ 2 Answers ]

I need some information on how to prove a parent is unfit in court. I have been raising my grandchildren for the past two years and now need to protect them more from their father and stepmother. Need all the information I can get. What is the critera that constitutes an unfit parent. ...

Unfit parent [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! My wife has a nine year old daughter and I have been her father since she was about three. She believes I am her real father so far. The actual biological father has never met her, paid child support, or even know her name. He knew he was the father before she was born and chose to...

Unfit Parent [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE PLEASE... how do you prove an unfit parent? We have a hearing coming up this Friday and he is trying to say I am unfit because the children missed a lot of school. They do have documentation as to why they missed. They were seeing a child psychologist but his attorney had the judge stop the...

View more questions Search