Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esdeesquare Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 04:19 AM
    Torque calculations
    I would like to know how to calculate torque required to turn an plastic extruder screw 120mm in dia and 3.6mt in length at 70 rpm. Material conveyed by screw (which is inside a barrel) is high density polyethylene of MFI 0.1.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2009, 06:36 AM

This isn't a simple torque calculation (length of arm times force), nor is the calculation easy. I'm not even sure I know all of what's required to do it. You need to know the cross-section of the extrusion die, lengths of the extrusion path, etc. Engineers do these types of calculations. Maybe you could re-post your question under engineering (though I don't think a lot of engineers post there).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Titration Calculations - just need someone to look over my calculations [ 1 Answers ]

25cm3 of a commercial bleach NAOCl is diluted to 250 cm3 . A 25 cm3 of the diluted solution is added to an excess of potassium iodide solution and titrated against 0.200 M sodium thiosulphate solution. The volume used was 18.5 cm3. What I s the concentration of sodium chlorate in the bleach in mol...

How much torque on a flywheel? [ 2 Answers ]

17HP Briggs and Stratton. 42" Murray Mower. How much torque should I use to tighten the flywheel down? Thanks.

Torque [ 1 Answers ]

What is the maximum torque exerted by a 60 kg perspn riding a bicycle if the person puts all her weight on each pedal when climbing a hill? The pedals rotate in a circle of 18.0 cm?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lug nut Torque [ 2 Answers ]

What would the lug nuts for my '93 Asuna be torqued to?

View more questions Search