Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sibilsidhik Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 09:52 PM
    Want to know history of pain balms in india
    Hey buddy, I want to know about the history of pain balms in india for an research please reply as soon as possible...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 10:01 PM

Hi, sibilsidhik!

One way to start to find out about that would be to click on the following searches.

History of Pain Balms in India - Google Search

History of Pain Balms in India Alternative Medicine - Google Search

If you change the wording or add to the wording or the search terms, you'll be likely to come up with even more results.

Hopefully, others will also come along with additional suggestions for you.

Thanks!

May 11, 2009, 10:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, sibilsidhik!

One way to start to find out about that would be to click on the following searches.

History of Pain Balms in India - Google Search

History of Pain Balms in India Alternative Medicine - Google Search

If you change the wording or add to the wording or the search terms, you'll be likely to come up with even more results.

Hopefully, others will also come along with additional suggestions for you.

Thanks!
    Mr.clough thnks for your suggestion. And it is to your kind information that all those mediums are tried and there is no result.actually there is no article or post in any of search engines. If u can make it
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 10:57 PM

What else might the pain balms be called then? They could be called something else that would help in searching for the information.

Thanks!

May 11, 2009, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    What else might the pain balms be called then? They could be called something else that would help in searching for the information.

Thanks!
    Hmmmm...
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 11:05 PM

It is something to think about because they might have totally different types of names and descriptions than what we're used to using.

Do you think that any of the following synonyms for balm might be appropriate. If so, which ones, please?

Thanks!

Analgesic, application, balsam, cerate, compound, cream, demulcent, dressing, embrocation, emollient, formula, lotion, medicine, ointment, potion, poultice, preparation, prescription, salve, soother, soothing agent, unction, unguent

May 11, 2009, 11:12 PM

Sir,
    Specifically this pain balm is a kind of medicine which helps to cure headches and quick rlei from cold. And at present there is no history for the same in Yahoo,gooogle and msn.
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 11:15 PM

What about the following search then? Would any of the websites found on it give you any of the information that you might need?

History of Pain Medicine in India - Google Search

Thanks!

May 11, 2009, 11:18 PM

I appreciate your initiative to solve this. But it is not sufficient. When trying this history of pain medicine in india it comes all about pain management and a book of novel.
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 11:23 PM

Is this for a class that you're wanting to know the information or just something you're wanting to research yourself, please?

Thanks!

May 11, 2009, 11:27 PM

This is for a research and report on indian pain balm industry
    Uber Member

May 11, 2009, 11:32 PM

I'm still not clear. Is it for school then?

Thanks!
    Lady Doc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 08:58 PM

Hi Buddy,

Pain balms in the history of India are rooted in its traditional system of medicine - Ayurveda and the balms were generally put under the category of LEPAM meaning Annointments / in modern term Ointments. The specific term for Pain balm is Vedanahara [Vedana - Pain, Hara - Relieving], Vedana Samhari [That which destroys pain], Vedana Sthapana [that which stops pain], Shoola samhari [That which stops shooting pain] etc based on specific action of a particular pain balm / Lepam. In ayurveda there are several types of pains enumerated and each type has a particular lepam formulation / ingredient mix.

You would be better off in reading through Ayurvedic Texts like Charaka samhita, Sushrutha Samhita, Ashtanga Hrudaya etc which are Treatises on this ancient subject dating back to thousands of years. Better go to a Ayurvedic Physician rather than buying the texts.

Ask in case you need any more clarifications.
    Uber Member

May 23, 2009, 09:00 PM

Thank you for providing some revelation concerning the pain balms, Lady Doc!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

History and or haunted history records on a residential home [ 4 Answers ]

Would like to get free information re: a homes history or haunted history by researching prior tenants or owners to a property located in Vacaville, California. Address: 125 Andover Drive Vacaville CA 95687 curious as to anyone having information on suicide death at this residence. Please help.

US-India Tax treaty for students from India [ 13 Answers ]

I found out that for Students from India studying in USA under US-India Tax treaty , I can claim $5450 standard exemption under Article 21(2) . IS this true? Thaks in advance!

History of sites visited if the history has been deleted. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know which sites have been visited on my PC if the history has been deleted??

What is this film?-Film About History of India? [ 1 Answers ]

When I was about 10 in the late 70's/early 80's I saw a film on TV that was in color, and from cinematography looked as if it was filmed in the 60's. I think it was overdubbed in english. It looked like a historical epic about a struggle for a throne set in India. Battle scenes on elephants,...

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search