Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayswhitten Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 07:26 AM
    Parent needs a really fun group game
    Ok teens - I'm a fifty something mom with a 16yr. Old son who is just beginning to date. A group of 4 to 6 couples are going to Homecoming and related activities together but since they don't all know each other real well (and this is our son's first year at this school), my husband & I are hosting a bonfire/hot dog roast at our place for all of them a few days before Homecoming. I'd like to have an activity or game prepared to help them get to know each other a little more, but I don't want to be dorky.

Any suggestions? Remember, a fair portion of the evening will be dark, except for the bonfire light.

Thanks so much for your help!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2006, 07:39 AM
    Do you need to organise a game?

I would enjoy the food, party and company of these people, enjoy being the host, and theni if it comes to it, decide on a game all together.
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Sep 27, 2006, 07:43 AM
    Well... being 16 they may not want to "play a game" but what I would suggest is that everyone sits around the fire and say a little bit about themselves. For example... where they grew up... their parents names... what their parents do for a living... if they have siblings... what their favorite class is at school... what their hobbies are... where they have been on vacation... etc, etc. You get the picture!

Just an idea!
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2006, 07:45 AM
    I agree Single4.
    Its definitley a great idea to get to know each other first.
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2006, 11:48 PM
    Its been 11 years for me, so I know how hard it is too SINGLE4 :)
    kayswhitten Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2006, 08:55 AM
    Thanks Krs and Single4,
    I just wanted something that would help them get to know each other a little better before they all go out together for Homecoming. And your idea of having them go around the circle and say something about themselves sounds good.

And I know I probably don't NEED an organized game but I just thought it might be a good idea to have one "in my hip pocket," just in case.

One I was thinking of... I have a huge container of regular chocolate hershey kisses, unwrapped, but mixed in that are a dozen almond hershey kisses (which look exactly the same). You pour the kisses into a huge pile on the table and the contest is to see who bites into an almond first. I thought of the teams being girls vs. guys, and the losing team has to roast the marshmallows for the winning team.

Like I said, I wouldn't use it unless it seemed right or necessary. And... by the time they're ready for marshmallows and s'mores, they would have become acqainted already, hopefully.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 28, 2006, 09:02 AM
    TWISTER!

Marshmallows and s'mores? Umm we are talking 16 not 6. The only type of kisses they will be interested in are not foil wrapped.

I'm wondering have you discussed this at all with your son??
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2006, 06:00 PM
    I agree with Scott.

Have you discussed this with your son?

Is he okay with this?

Because if he isn't, then don't do it!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2006, 01:57 PM
    A good icebreaker, provided it's still light enough when they first arrive, is to tape the name of a famous person that they would know to each of their backs. Then they have to guess who they "are" by asking each other only "yes-no" type questions. Use well-know athletes, actors/actresses, musicians, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Group - A & Group-T shares [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to know what are Group-A shares & Group-T shares and what we mean by that. On what basis this groupings are done

Death of a parent [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 15 yrs old and I keep thinking about my mom. She keeps getting sick and isn't taklin care of her heal and when I do tell her to go to the gym or go walking she just yelles at me. I lost my dad when I was 5 and I don't want my mom to go. Now a days I've been thinking a lot of her goinng a way. I...

Parent Company [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out who is the parent company of American eagle Outfitters and what all do they own, but in general how would I get that info? Thanks

Step parent [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know anything about step parents rights? Do we have any? Where do I look to find out more?

View more questions Search