Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikewil Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 07:09 AM
    Adjust Mower Deck of Snapper Rear Engine Rider
    I need to raise the mower deck of my Snapper rear engine rider. It has a single blade with 30-inch cutting width. Currently, when lever is in upper-most position (#6) the blade still scalps portions of my lawn. I have looked through some online manuals but they are a bit confusing. Help please! -mw
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

May 12, 2009, 02:34 PM

Hi,
    If you remove the plastic cover on top, you should find that the idler that moves to tension the belt is in a slot and can be loosened and retightened in a position that will place more tension on it.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snapper rear engine rider moves slow [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 1989 snapper rear engine rider with an 8 hp briggs. The engine is I feel plenty strong and doesn't smoke or use oil (it's been in the garage unused for about 7-8 years up till a month ago) but gradually over the years it's lost it's speed. I thought it might have an internal clutch going...

Snapper Rear Engine Riding Mower Series 21 [ 1 Answers ]

Engine will not start, no fire, and I need to know the location of the fuse. Ted

Snapper Rider Mower [ 1 Answers ]

My mower will not start. I changed the spark plug, but stll will not start.

Snapper Rear Engine Mower won't move [ 1 Answers ]

The friction wheel and drive disk are fine. How do I determine what needs replaced in the differential?

Rear engine snapper stopped moving [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 14 hp snapper rear engine ride on mower, model 331415BVE, that stopped moving while I was cutting the lawn. The engine runs fine. With the engine in any forward or reverse speed the drive disc engages the clutch disc and disengages while in neutral. When I manually turn the clutch...

View more questions Search