Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guzman27 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 05:38 AM
    Active Directory
    I trying to figure out this scenario that was given in my company.

A customer's Active Directory structure is split into three sites, each with a domain controller. You are the network administrator of site B. One of your local users has traveled to Site A, and is having trouble logging on. You reset the user's password on your local domain controller. What effect does this have to their login and how can this be improved?

Thank you
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

May 11, 2009, 07:51 AM

AD Sites and Services must be setup properly with the three sites and each must be assigned a transport type, subnet and be able to replicate to each other.

Are each of the sites a member of the same Forest? Are they part of the same domain? Are they setup with child domains?

Also, does each of the DC's in each site hold a copy of the Global Catalog? In other words, is it setup as a GC Server? This you will find in the NTDS settings in AD Sites and Services.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is ADS(active directory service) [ 2 Answers ]

What is ADS(active directory service)? What are the functions of it? Why it is used? What is the use of this? What is the purpose of configuring ADS on my server? How to configure ADS? ADS is also need to configure on local host machine. Guide...

Safesquid log, Windows Active directory [ 1 Answers ]

I have a linux ubuntu operating system. At work we all use windows, and are in a domain w/active directory. It uses dhcp. On the linux ubuntu computer I set up a web content filter proxy server. (We didn't do it on a windows PC, because there weren't any sufficient web content filers that were free...

2008 Active directory [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to see computers that are part of a child domain from root domain other than DC's through Active Directory site and services? Basically I have a root domain configured with one child domain, however I have to keep switching between each server to see computers listed in each. ...

Active Directory [ 2 Answers ]

I have an interview for a new job within the company I work for. Apart of the job is to know Active Directory, and I am looking for advise for any website that can basically teach me a good understanding of active directory for free.

View more questions Search