Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rufster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2006, 06:51 PM
    Old stock certificate
    I have a old stock certificate from American General Corporation for 10 shares from 1936. I found it in a book that someone bought for me at a garage sale about 18years ago, and while cleaning came across it recently. I know very little about this subject, I am not even't sure if this is worth anything. What the best way to go about finding info on this. I have seen sites that say they will look it up for a fee. I just don't know if that's the correct thing to do. Any advice would be appreciated
    Rufster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 08:38 AM
    Well no answer from here.. so I did the only thing easily I know of. Sent a copy of the certificate to AIG, and letting them look it up. Its probably not worth anything but its kind of neat looking up and speculating
    kniller Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Oct 22, 2006, 08:55 AM
    Find out the price in 1936 and see if you can find out how many times the stock has split (doubled) you may just have a couple hundred dollars
    sburns77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2011, 06:22 PM
    I run a site called Stock Cert Expert We can provide you with the exact current value, the number of shares (changed due to splits) and the current Company Name and ticker symbol. We will deliver to you a comprehensive research report detailing the steps to retrieve your investment. We offer this service for the lowest price on the internet.

Simon Burns
    Co-Founder, Stock Cert Expert

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old stock certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. Does anyone know what happened to a company originally called Homestead Minerals Corporation (Utah)? I found a web site that states they may have merged in 1988, but it did not say with whom. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Gift certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I revived a gift certificate from my job for $300.00 when I went to use it to pay for the hotels the travel agent took his commission out of my certificate can he do that?

Stock certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of EL CID INTERNATIONAL? I have a certificate for 314,579 shares and can not find anything on it, I have sent it to a stock broker and they could not find anything on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? Or how to research this more?

$5 silver certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a $5 silver cert... 1934 intact very few tears, but very worn and folded... but considering it 71 years old... its in pretty good shape.. let me know what it might be worth please :) thanks

View more questions Search