Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katie gallon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 01:17 PM
    Sternum tattoo
    Hi, I'm looking to get a sternum tattoo soon, and was wondering whether I could still be in a bra. The tattoo will be around as large as a hand.

Thanks to anyone who helps!
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

May 10, 2009, 02:26 PM

You can be in a bra, whether you have a tattoo or not.
    If the question is if it will be visible, I recommend drawing it, (even rough drawing it,) to the size you want on paper. Then cut it out, don the bra, and put the paper where you want the tattoo, and then you can see whether you want it there.
    katie gallon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 04:41 PM

Actually, I meant will I be able to be in a bra while getting the tattoo? Or will I have to be topless. That's my question
    woodpony22 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

May 10, 2009, 09:05 PM

If the bra goes anywhere the tat goes...
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

May 11, 2009, 01:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katie gallon View Post
    Actually, I meant will I be able to be in a bra while getting the tattoo? Or will I have to be topless. That's my question
    Again, try my method described before. The artist needs to stretch the skin tight, so probably not. You can, get "stick on bras" at Wal-Mart. But if you are bigger than a C cup, it won't work. The best bet is to swallow your modesty. Your tattoo artist has probably seen them before, and worse, or search for a female artist to do the work. If you were in Orlando Florida, I could recommend a really good one.
    kay84 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 02:27 AM

Hi hun
    Am a ex tattooist and you would have to take yr bra of because you do need to move freely and pull the skin were needed but you olny need to have the 1 boob out take sumat like an old towel wiv you to cover yr other side up and I would go for a woman tattooist as you will feel better and there should olny be you n her in the room unless you take sum1 wiv you the tattooist dusnt need to have anyone else there take care hun xx
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 12, 2009, 02:09 AM

I'd reccoment wearing a strapless top that you can pull down as far as needed.

I also agree with the suggestion of "stick on bras", good idea.
    Another suggestion would be a v bra:

shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 12, 2009, 02:11 AM
    Just have to add too, don't foget to buy some gauze bandage and medical tape... you will want to cover it up for a bit to stop your usual bra or tops rubbing on it :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get a tattoo? [ 8 Answers ]

I know I'm to young to be asking this but... when I get older and my dog dies I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of my dog on my back but it won't be huge or anything! Im just asking your oppion should I do it when I'm older? I love my dog so much and I think that would be a cool way of showing...

First Tattoo [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am going to go get my first tattoo today and I was just wondering how bad it hurt. What it feels like. I have had a child and everyone I know has a tattoo, so I know that I can do it, but I am nervous. I don't know what to expect, can anyone let me know their experience and what...

Pain in the bottom tip of my sternum [ 1 Answers ]

The tip of my Sternum is sore to the touch. Should I be concerned? It has been this way for about 2 weeks.

Does any one at the age of 17 have a tattoo [ 7 Answers ]

I am 17 and I got a tattoo a couple weeks ago(yes it was legal) I just want to know how many other 17yo have a tattoo also

Sternum pain [ 1 Answers ]

I was bending over at work and picking up a part that was about 2-5 lbs and when I went to bend up my chest popped and I couldn't stand up. This happened 6 months ago and I'm still in pain, I've been giving pain killers and muscle relaxers and still no help. Along with this pain it feels as if I...

View more questions Search