Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skeeterstl Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 05:27 PM

It is still running.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 05:30 PM

And no wires are touching each other up on the wall where you took your stat off are they? Also to make sure I am on the same page as you, when you took them off the control board the fan did not come on correct?

May 10, 2009, 05:32 PM

There are no wires touching at the t-stat, and correct when all wires were disconnected the fan did not come on when power was returned to the unit.

May 10, 2009, 05:34 PM
    I did notice that possibly the A/C is wired to the Common connector on the panel, if that makes any difference.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 05:41 PM

Then it sound like you have some wires touching somewhere between the t-stat and the furnace, is there any where they might have got pinched? ( a tight place or a sharp bend) if nothing runs with the wires off the board then the board is working properly. So the red and the green wire must be touching somewhere. Do you have a ohm meter?

May 10, 2009, 05:45 PM

I can check obvious places for a possible cause. No I don't have an ohm meter.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 05:47 PM

Do you have extra wires in the wall or just the 4 you have hooked up?

May 10, 2009, 05:53 PM

I think I may have found a possible cause. Don't ask me why, but whoever lived here before wired the doorbell (the furnace unit area is adjacent to the front door wall) which I disconnected the wires that possibly go to the doorbell and when I did that the blower does not come on when power is returned to the unit.

May 10, 2009, 05:54 PM

Although, the issue with the outdoor A/C unit coming on when the breakers are reset is still there.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 05:55 PM

Wow that's odd, OK so how many wires do you have including the door bell wires?
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 05:56 PM
    OK well lets get the t-stat wired back up like it should be and make sure everything inside is normal, and then we can try to fix the outdoor.

May 10, 2009, 06:01 PM

I have 3 sets of wires going to the panel that only have a red and white wire in them, and one wire that has red, white, green and blue in it.

May 10, 2009, 06:03 PM

I have re-connected the t-stat wires and the blower is back to coming on again.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 06:04 PM

OK do you have a digital t-stat or a old mercury? You just need to wires to the outdoor unit. Red on y, and white on c
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 06:07 PM
    What you need to do is find out what set of wires you don't need.

May 10, 2009, 06:07 PM

It is not digital, but runs on batteries. Has temp slide selector and mode selectors on the side for cool, off, heat and Fan On and Auto.

May 10, 2009, 06:09 PM

There is a set of the red and white wires connected to panel... white on C and Red to the Blue wire to the T-stat, which is not connected to the panel.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 06:09 PM

How many wires up stairs at the stat?

May 10, 2009, 06:11 PM

4 wires at the stat... red, white, green and blue.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 06:12 PM

Lets make it so there are 4 wires at the stat and just 6 in the basement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower Fan on gas Comfortmaker RPG Heat Exchanger runs intermittently [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new here, and I've been reading a lot (well, 4 or 5 pages anyway) of what's already been asked, and I haven't found my specific problem... yet. This gas hot air furnace was installed circa 1987? So, Here's what's happening. (I actually timed these cycles with a second-hand.) Turn...

Rheem-heat-pump-outside-unit-humming but blower unit working [ 3 Answers ]

I have a heat pump and ac unit outside. The inside blower fan still working but the outside unit humming. Are there any quick fixes here

What causes a Comfortmaker blower malfunction? [ 1 Answers ]

Comfortmaker furnace problem. Model# NTVM125KNB2 Initially, the blower would run constantly whether in cool,heat or off mode, Auto fan or manual-blower ran 24/7. I changed the batteries in the tstat, powered the unit down at the breaker, cleaned the filter, reassembled the stat, turned on the...

Gas heat exchanger won't start on Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two year old. York heat pump model GFD04821G with a G9YS100C20DH11H gas heat exchanger and York T8411R1443 thermostat that has been acting up the last few days. The other day I woke up with no heat. I looks like the installer set this system up so it uses the resistive heat coils for...

View more questions Search