Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kay_2009 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 06:24 AM
    Cause for constant dark urine.
    A few months ago I was treated with antibiotics for a urinary tract infection. Since then my urine has always been of a really dark brown colour. It does not hurt. My partner is the same. I have taken an STI test and it showed up nothing. I drink lots of water so it can't be dehydration. Just recently I have also noticed that even if I flush the toilet a few hours later the clean water turns to the same colour as my urine.

Could you please advise?
    Kay.
    slickone9876 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 06:34 AM

Where do you live? It could be scale build-up in the toilet and not your urine at all.

May 10, 2009, 07:04 AM
    I live in halls and my friends toilets are not like it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 10, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Halls where? This is a worldwide website.

May 10, 2009, 07:21 AM

The UK.
    Expert

May 10, 2009, 07:24 AM
    LOL, I have a Halls down the road and I am in the US

May 10, 2009, 07:41 AM

I think, where I am located is pretty irrelevant. I've come on here for advice and you don't seem to be helping...
    Expert

May 10, 2009, 07:45 AM
    The reason I asked that is because there are different medications throughout the world. Different illnesses throughout the world, etc. No need to be so harsh.

Dark urine, darker than straw color is a sign of either dehydration or a serious kidney ailment.
    forester2kcc Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 02:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kay_2009 View Post
    A few months ago I was treated with antibiotics for a urinary tract infection. Since then my urine has always been of a really dark brown colour. It does not hurt. My partner is the same. I have taken an STI test and it showed up nothing. I drink lots of water so it can't be dehydration. Just recently I have also noticed that even if I flush the toilet a few hours later the clean water turns to the same colour as my urine.

Could you please advise?
    Kay.
    Is colour same all the time?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 04:00 AM

Could be a dietary supplement. Although it is odd that you toilet water would continue to show the color after you go. Try going in another restroom in a different area and see if it continues.

I know you said they did and sti test and uti test . But they need to culture on your urine?
    forester2kcc Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 05:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by forester2kcc View Post
    is colour same all the time?
    and there are three colours really, dark amber, dark brown, or just pale yellow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to go from dark brown back to dark blonde [ 3 Answers ]

My natural hair color is dark blonde. My current hair color is dark reddish brown, and I had it dyed at a salon with semi-permanent color. Every time I've had my hair dyed, which is only about 5 times, it has brought a reddish tone out. What would be the best products for me to use at home to...

How long will alcohol take to leave my urine for a urine analysis? [ 19 Answers ]

Last night between 9:30 PM and 11:00 PM, I consumed about Four 80 Proof shots mixed with orange juice. Today I took urine analysis at 3:00 PM, approximately 16 hours after my last drink. I weigh 150 pounds and am about 5'11''. Do you think there will still be alcohol content?

Dyeing hair from dark black brown to dark blond [ 1 Answers ]

Hello guys my hair is kind dark brown black I tried dying it with loreal with golden brown long time ago and some other colors I don't remember lol but doesn't turn out what I want to be but its OK. I always dye my hair by myself so always ready for the results and its OK can't complain. But...

A cat urine smell comes and goes but not cat urine [ 1 Answers ]

Have a cat urine smell in house can't smell all the time, checked house entirely and the cat has not urinated anywhere in the house, was wondering if could be a mold or fume smell

Does dr.palmers work on dark dark skin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,my friend is lyk pitch black and I'm lyk a chocolate color but a little lighter and I need to know will dr.palmers skin whitener and lightner work and get her lite.How light will she get if she uses it?And how long will it take

View more questions Search