Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    graypaw300 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Jealously Dachshund
    We recently got another Dachshund (2 days ago). She is a female and very energetic. Our male Dachshund was partially paralyzed, but he has gotten better but he is still a bit slow. We try to give them equal amounts of attention, but with a new dog (she is 4) somehow it seems to gravitate towards her. HE seems to be getting jealous, he has a sad look on his face, and generally is kind of mopey. Is there anything I can do to make him less sad? We are still giving him love by the way, people just get excited about a new dog.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 12:38 AM

If you have guests over, before they come in ask them to come in and pay attention to your older dog first, then the new pup.
    It might feel a bit silly asking everyone to do this but it will help the older dog to feel more important :)
    I know what you mean by everyone being excited about a new puppy, it's hard to give them equal attention for the first few weeks (even months) as puppies do the cutest things :)
    lavanyaa Posts: 190, Reputation: 4

May 10, 2009, 03:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by graypaw300 View Post
    We recently got another Dachshund (2 days ago). She is a female and very energetic. Our male Dachshund was partially paralyzed, but he has gotten better but he is still a bit slow. We try to give them equal amounts of attention, but with a new dog (she is 4) somehow it seems to gravitate towards her. HE seems to be getting jealous, he has a sad look on his face, and generally is kind of mopey. Is there anything I can do to make him less sad? We are still giving him love by the way, people just get excited about a new dog.

I agree with shaza just when you are going for a walk take your older dog and be affectionate like making it to feel important,any games if you play with both u just give a chance to older dog by calling it first to take or catch any balls

Usually pets will be possesive one when thy had two in a same house
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lavanyaa View Post
    i agree with shaza just when you are going for a walk take your older dog and be affectionate like making it to feel important,any games if you play with both u just give a chance to older dog by calling it first to take or catch any balls

usually pets will be possesive one when thy had two in a same house

I don't know what you mean by "pets will be possessive one when thy had two in the same house."

I've always had multiple dogs - it takes a while for them to work things out but I've never had a possessive dog. My GSD is very protective but not possessive.

I'm confused -

May 10, 2009, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I don't know what you mean by "pets will be possessive one when thy had two in the same house."

I've always had multiple dogs - it takes a while for them to work things out but I've never had a possessive dog. My GSD is very protective but not possessive.

I'm confused -
    I have two dog one is german sheperd and daschnd OK!!
    Daschnd is too possesive because I give importance to german since she is cute and she is very naughty... when ever I play with her my dasch try to bite her,and dasch comes to me before her etc

I want to know why u always making the negotations in my post?
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 10:53 AM

I don't always make "negotations" - whatever that means - on your posts. Define "negotiations" and "always."

Do I agree with all of your posts? Most definitely not. I'm also not the only one. You may wish to check your past threads.

I find your request for $1 a minute for advice to be strange (at best) and your mix of words and text speak to be even stranger, quite bluntly.

I did disagree with your advice to the woman seeking her mother that she pray. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/missin...ml#post1723828

May 10, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I don't always make "negotations" - whatever that means - on your posts. Define "negotiations" and "always."

Do I agree with all of your posts? Most definitely not. I'm also not the only one. You may wish to check your past threads.
    Cool leave it...

We here to answer our suggestions to the posted questions
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lavanyaa View Post
    cool leave it ....

we here to answer our suggestions to the posted questions

We're not offering suggestions - we're offering advice. But, okay, leave it.

May 10, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Hmmmm cool judkay

Anyhow happy mothers day...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jealously/insecurities kills me [ 36 Answers ]

So, Ive known this girl online for over a year now. We met quite randomly but we quickly became great company to each other. My first message to her was quite abrupt about wanting to take her out on a date I told her I thought she was hot. After a couple messages back and forth we realized that...

My New Dachshund Pup [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I recently purchased a seven week old Dachshund puppy. Her name is Lyla and she is adjusting to my house very well. It has been three days. I have had Dachshunds before, but this is the first time she is 100% my responsibility. I have just a few questions. :) She is going to the bathroom...

Jealously with new partners daughters [ 1 Answers ]

I have been living with my partner who is now divorced for two years. He has two daughters one is 21 and the other is 23 years of age. I have my own dauhghter of 14 years of age living with us. Please can you help me. I have an obsessive jealously over his daughters which is threatening to...

Jealously:how to get over it? [ 1 Answers ]

Ive always been a very jealous person No matter what I've always wanted what I either can't have or what others have.but my main concern is my jealously towards girls.I get really jealous when I see guys with really good looking girls or when I like a girl and another guy has her especially when...

Dachshund [ 1 Answers ]

Last week my dog got sick with this rare hemalitic anemia sorry not sure how to spell it .the problem is that we tried to save him with blood transfusions and medicine he never made it out of the hospital 4 days of work on him the only thing they said that something triggered it off . Not sure what...

View more questions Search