Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nottheed Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 04:10 PM
    Backdate termination while on loa
    I was a probationary employee for 6 months. I broke both arms and was placed on LOA. My employer called and told me I had been terminated under the probationary period on April 30 09. My actual 6 months was on 4/16/09.
    I've received no cobra or correspondence from the employer until 5/7/09 and that was just for life insurance portability.
    I spoke to my manager on April 22 and he said nothing about being terminated.
    I'm still in physical therapy and will not be able to work for another 4 weeks at least.
    I'm upset of the post dating of my termination. Do I stand a chance if I file wrongful termination or for ADA ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 9, 2009, 04:16 PM

How did you break both arms?

May 9, 2009, 04:39 PM
    Fell off roof at home.

May 9, 2009, 05:59 PM

Some companies may do things on a calendar month basis. So even though you may have started on Nov 16, the probationary period may not end until 4/30

May 9, 2009, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Some companies may do things on a calendar month basis. So even though you may have started on Nov 16, the probationary period may not end until 4/30
    Not this company. I read the entire employment booklet.

May 9, 2009, 06:15 PM

What exactly does it say about probation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Termination of rights [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know if my husband wants to give up his parental rights without his ex wife consenting is that possible? He hasn't seen the child in over a year.

Correct W-2 and backdate FICA contributions [ 1 Answers ]

We have just discovered that we have not withheld enough FICA on an employee for 2007. I am going to file a W-2c, but how do I go about remitting the past due FICA?

Backdate Child Support in California? [ 1 Answers ]

Can they backdate the child support? I was supposed to have equal time with my children, but my ex went to court and got a temporary full custody order and then they keep continuing it so it has been 6 months since I have seen my children.

No Termination Clause [ 6 Answers ]

We signed a new lease agreement with our landlords Aug. 1st and was to end May 1, 2008. They added a clause this time that they may choose to sale the home anytime during our lease but probably wouldn't start showing it until next spring. A few weeks later they had a realtor in this subdivision...

View more questions Search