Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    famousdork1 Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

May 9, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Smokingg weed?
    So my friend, she's in high school, and I'm almost in 8th grade (12 years old, almost 13)
    And she's smoked weed like 3-5 times, and I've never done it. She asked me if I wanted too try it and I said I don't know. I know it's wrong too smoke weed, but if I do, what will happen too me? Body wise. And can I stop when I want too? Help me out, please. Thanks :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 9, 2009, 12:19 PM

Marijuana can be habit forming and I have seen it destroy many people lives... people who were just going to "try it once"

I know it seems tempting but trust me... it's really not worth it

If you are curious let me tell you what it does from experience...
    Makes you sleepy,
    Makes you hungry beyond belief,
    Lowers your inhibitions,
    Makes you do stupid things that seem "good" at the time.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

May 9, 2009, 12:21 PM

Well a number of things can happen
    1. Cotton mouth
    2. Munchies
    3. Allergic reaction yes some people are allergic to it
    4. make you extremely paranoid
    5. blood shot eyes
    6. it is not cool I have done it and regretted it
    HrvSavag3r Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

May 11, 2009, 05:15 AM

One of my good mates started smoking at 12 to help himself sleep ( he suffers from insomnia) but he is now 18 and I'm 16 and I've known him for 3 years and I can't remember a day I have seen him sober
    What might start small ends up big and you end up poor as hell
    nikkiboo Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

May 11, 2009, 07:07 PM

Well I have never smoked weed and don't no much about it but I have dated a few guys that have and it chaged them my boy friend got skinnier and his eye were dilated most of the time not only did it change the way he looked but he changed the way he acted he started to get in more trouble his grades started sliping and now he is in a home for troubled teens so in my opininon you should think about it be for you do it, it may ruin your future
    carly_may_13 Posts: 53, Reputation: 7

Jul 14, 2009, 01:31 AM

I am a pothead, and telling you from experience, it does change things, even if you don't think it will. I love weed and how it makes me feel, but don't like that every bad/lazy thing that I do gets blamed on me smoking weed even if I haven't smoked in days/weeks. For example, say I feel like sleeping in, my parents will barge into my room and tell me that if I didn't smoke so much weed I could have gotten up and done something with the day. I think weed itself is harmless, but you have to take into consideration the stereotypes that come with it. If you are going to do it anyway make sure that it is not at a highly public place for the first couple times. As for the additive factor, I have in the past smoked an ounce every 4 days for a year then stopped for 3 months and then only smoked when I went out to parties and bars-so like 1 or 2 joints a week, right now I smoke whenever I can. However, if I have to be professional or concentrate for long periods I will not. I don't have cravings when I don't smoke but still love it when I do. Please be careful, whatever decision you make.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 01:51 AM
    The best answer to this question is : do not start, do not even try it . Ask any drug addict and they will probably tell you that their drug taking ways started with weed. And it's ILLEGAL.
    macman11393 Posts: 72, Reputation: 5

Jul 14, 2009, 09:31 AM

My friend tried weed and he was my best friend and he talked to me about and I quote "ya it felt really good but now im like addicted to it and i had more and i dont know now i feel like i need to stop" he then later got REALLY in to it and the sad part is his parents found out about it and he just like carly gets blamed EVERY thing on weed. If I were you I would do pros and cons of smoking. Hopefully you will find out the cons outweigh the pros.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:56 AM

Hello:

Marijuana is a serious drug. It is NOT meant for children. While it may NOT harm an adult, ANY drug can thwart your natural growth in some manner. Wait until you're fully cooked.

excon
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Jul 16, 2009, 12:51 AM
    Lol, don't start smoking weed, it's not as cool as potheads make it seem and they not only become dependent over it, but they also start acting stupid when they are high and around a sober person. I find it entertaining to watch a pothead get paranoid and laugh at dumb things, but it's not good on you. The best way to lead a life, is it to live it without being under the influence of anything. Plus, you are much too young to start experiencing anything other then coca cola and pop rocks.
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Jul 17, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Take Advice from people who have tried it.

Its not the best thing when you get totally stoned and wake up beside your mate, both of your naked, its really not the best thing ever...

Yes this did happen to me.

I think I was one of the lucky ones, I was depressed and turned to weed for about.. 5-6 months? After I found out what it can do to you I stopped, its about.. a year down the line, not one drop of weed séance..

But really, DO NOT START WEED. It's a waste of money, illegal, and it just destroys your life..
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 17, 2009, 09:48 PM

Okay, let me make sure I'm reading this correctly.

YOU'RE 12 YEARS OLD??

Okay. Are you insane? I have a 12 year old brother, and if he ever, EVER did weed, I would trade him for a billy goat after slapping him silly.

You need to ditch your high school friend. PRONTO. High schoolers are stupid, too. Don't let them fool you. Your friend is a moron, and doesn't care about your well-being. Likely she doesn't even know what she's doing, either.

Drugs ruin people's lives every single day. Be the kid who says NO. Don't put your life in someone else's hands... ESPECIALLY a high schooler. You haven't even had a chance to really live yet. Don't throw it away over something avoidable and stupid. If you say no and she keeps asking you, tell your parents. Seriously. Just say no.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 09:55 PM

Are you crazy? Your brain is not even FORMED yet,the thinking part of the brain,if you mess with it now you will be endangering your potential to advance as a person.
    Tell me you want to keep you.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 11:04 PM

I understand it is hard to get good information,if you want it continue to come here,really! :)
    We will tell you the truth.
    sweet1028 Posts: 146, Reputation: 43

Jul 18, 2009, 09:36 PM

Plain and Simple... you are 12 years old you don't know if you want chocolate or vanilla ice cream the less if you want to smoke weed!

Listen it's not something you should even be thinking about at your age and if you are smart and listen to all the people on here you won't ever do it at all. Okay I'll give you two pictures you choose:

Your in your own house, you are happily married to a beautiful woman. She is glowing with a big belly that holds your son. You have a good job to support her and your son and have a happy life together.

Or: You are out with some friends, you really want to get high, you have no money and no way of getting the weed. Your mom and dad have kicked you out after finding out what you have been doing. There's a rich elderly woman living across the street where you're standing, before you know it you are breaking into this old lady's house and robbing her blind to get money for your weed.

So it's your choice. Which road are you going to take? Good Luck!
    MissTaurus Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 07:41 PM

Coming from someone who has personally smoked marijuana in the past I would say don't do it! I did it just to look cool and I regret it so much. I had no idea that I was allergic to it and when I smoked it I found myself having horrifying trips (you're not supposed to trip off weed). It's probably the worst and scariest feeling I have ever felt. I felt completely lost, confused, and scared s***less. It was not fun. And if you are just doing it to look, don't bother, because when you grow older, marijuana is not cool at all. I wouldn't risk it, you may be allergic to it like I am.
    MissTaurus Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTaurus View Post
    Coming from someone who has personally smoked marijuana in the past I would say don't do it! I did it just to look cool and I regret it so much. I had no idea that I was allergic to it and when I smoked it I found myself having horrifying trips (you're not supposed to trip off of weed). It's probably the worst and scariest feeling I have ever felt. I felt completely lost, confused, and scared s***less. It was not fun. And if you are just doing it to look, don't bother, because when you grow older, marijuana is not cool at all. I wouldn't risk it, you may be allergic to it like I am.
    I just wanted to add that an allergic reaction to it might end up in a trip to the hospital.
    genesisz Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Jul 21, 2009, 02:00 PM

Don't smoke weed . Just because she doing it doesn't mean you should . I have smoke pot a lots of times an I do regret it . I have stop . There are many thing that can go wrong. For example once you start some people can't stop. You could get a drug test from your school an that would mess up everything.
    prttynpnk1105 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 05:38 PM

I don't advice trying it especially to do it because you know someone that is doing it. I was a heavy user & I made myself quit because I didn't like the person it made me become.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 05:50 PM

It does nothing for you, I guess one should ask "why should you smoke it" here is no real reason to.

Mostly it is illegal and will only cause you trouble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weed Trimmer(weed eater) [ 3 Answers ]

I need step by step help on re-installing a (recoil) starter rope on a weed eater. If by chance you have diagram of how to put it on , I sure would appreciate it , any info will be appreciated ty denise

WeeD what does this mean? [ 6 Answers ]

When your talking about buying weed what does this mean? "Bout hundred a quarter"

The parable of the weed [ 111 Answers ]

In matthew 13: 24-28. What the word weed means?

First time doing weed [ 26 Answers ]

OK so this weekend is going to be the first time I'm doing weed. I just wanted to know if there is something to be aware of while doing this... and just in general what the experience is like

Growing WEED [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best fertalizer for growing Weed indoor

View more questions Search