Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manga Posts: 92, Reputation: 10

May 9, 2009, 10:33 AM
    Friendship-suicidal friend
    I just walked away from a friendship that was basically toxic for me to handle. I was the last of the friends that have stuck around for this girl. She at the time was seeking professional help. Basically what can I do for me to not feel like I failed to help. I know that she's not my responsibility and I can't get her out of the rut that she's in. It's making me feel bad. I don't know why but want to just let it go.
    ajGambino Posts: 317, Reputation: 97

May 9, 2009, 11:59 AM

Sounds difficult. Maybe you should help her get professional help. This time MAKE SURE she gets help. It is not good to walk away from a friend but then again, I've never been in your position.

My advise is for you to get her professional help, even if you don't want to be friends with her, this won't make you feel guilty because she needs it and you have the clarity of doing all you can to help her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My best friend may be suicidal [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has been going through a lot and I think he's going suicidal. He told me that he was turning his pain to hatred, didn't want help from anyone, and that he just wanted to be alone. He said he was angry that no one noticed that he was hurting. I told him that it wasn't their fault they...

Suicidal Friend? [ 7 Answers ]

I recently spoke to a friend of mine about his best friend, who apparently used to cut and has thoughts of suicide. Now I used to hang out the E (possibly suicidal friend) a lot, but I haven't seen him in a few months. Now I care about this guy a lot, but I just don't know what advice to give...

Best friend.. suicidal [ 6 Answers ]

Last year my best friends dad killed himself, she was the one who found him and has never talked to anyone about this... either family friend or otherwise, recently she told she has been acting out of character, she doesn't really seem to care about her actions and has told me she has had thoughts...

My best friend is suicidal [ 5 Answers ]

How do I reply to this? This is a message my best friend sent me today. "read this!!!!! hunter whenever u get this....i love you...(not in the gay way) but as a brother...as the only one that cares...without you...i would do something really stupid to myself...but yeah...last night...i cut...

Suicidal friend [ 1 Answers ]

Recently my friend has been hurting herself due to a break-up with her boyfriend. She has lost allot of weight and is cutting her arms. She talks about killing herself. I don’t no what to do because she is staring to be mean to us her friends and I don’t want to cause her any more pain but she is...

View more questions Search