Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    6768vet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Transportation of cars through KY,VA,W.VA,PA.
    I need to transport two cars and need to know if I need permits to do so. I have a rollback car hauler that is used for my use only (not for hire)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2006, 07:53 AM
    Hello vet:

I see you been sitting here for a day with no answers. So... I'll give it my two cents. I don't know what a rollback hauler is, but if IT requires permits to work or travel in those states, then I think you will need one.

However, a private person can transport two cars through any state without fees or pemits. I just don't know if the vehicle they're using can. But, since it's for your own personal use, I'd say you can.

excon
    unclejohnny Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2006, 12:38 PM
    Hey excon:

A rollback hauler is what most people would call a flatback wrecker, instead of having a sling lifting the front wheels off the road, the entire car is put on a flatbed that rolls back and slants down to pull the car on it. I'm not totally sure, but I think to drive one all a person needs is a CDL with rollback priorities.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 27, 2006, 01:19 PM
    Check with the Interstate Commerce Commission
    6768vet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2006, 12:14 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I think that the ICC is a great idea.
    unclejohnny Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Sep 28, 2006, 04:36 PM
    I talked to a commercial rollback wrecker driver and he said all you need is a CDL, and ICC and DOT numbers on your truck. I hope this helps you!!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2006, 09:42 AM
    You shouldn't need a CDL if it's strictly for your own personal use and not for pay. Of course, the vehicle has to be properly registered and insured according to its size and class.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cars that run on water [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Can anyone tell me if they have any experience with the HYDROSTAR SYSTEM. It is supposed to take the hydrogen from water and uses it to run your car. What would be the drawbacks to this system? It all sounds good but I am sceptical. Thanks:rolleyes:

Best gas mileage cars? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering what cars get the best gas mileage? Not the new hybrids or anything just a normal car. I'm looking for a good gas mileage car for pretty cheap. Some where around the 30 and up mpg and that is not expensive? Thanks

Cars [ 3 Answers ]

How does a car go on the ground? Which forces are acting on the wheels of the car so that it goes forward? What are the name of these forces and in which direction do they act on the wheels of the car?

Transportation from Geneva to Zermatt Switzerland [ 0 Answers ]

I will be in Switzerland this May. I want to travel from Geneva to Zermatt. What is the best way to do this? I can find a train schedule that serves Zermatt. ELG

View more questions Search