Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lolalola22 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 01:13 AM
    I can't tell if I'm being given the brush off or if he's genuinely too busy - how do
    I went out with this guy once a few months ago but after one date we texted a bit but didn't make another date- I didn't think either of us were that into each other and were both busy with work so I thought nothing of it. However, about three months later he asked me out again out of the blue - seeming very keen we made a date for a few days later and had a great time - which surprised me. A few days later I got in touch and asked him out the following Saturday. He said he wasn't sure if he was needed at work that day - which I know to be true - and asked if we could play it by ear. I replied that was OK and that I hoped he could make it - but now the day has arrived and have still heard nothing from him..

I think whether he is just too busy or not interested there's not much I can do - but I like him and also don't want to lose too much confidence - was wondering if there was something simple I could text him just to tie up the situation. I don't want to be aggressive or chase him for another date - but have had a rough time with a bad break up in the last year and am trying to take things slow and learn a bit more about dating to build up my confidence

Also what does someone mean when they say ' can we play it by ear'? Isn't dating fun?.

Thanks

Charlie
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 9, 2009, 05:46 AM

When he said play it by ear and then not call you to let you know that he's too busy and reschedule, then chances are he's not interested.

I know he confused you by asking you out of the blue 3 months after your first date. Sounds like he just sees you as a regular friend. If he was interested, he would be more obvious about it and not wait 3 months to ask you out.

If you really like him, then try you'll have to do the pursing. Ask him out on the next date. If he rejects you without re-scheduling, then you can probably move on.
    2313stephen Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

May 9, 2009, 06:07 AM

I would send him 1 more text, keep it casual and just ask what's happening tonight, did he get the time off. If he doesn't reply then leave it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 9, 2009, 06:41 AM

That doesn't sound like fun to me, and like him or not, no way do you chase him, when as long as your single, and free, there will be other and better options, and opportunities, so don't waste time on someone that is no busy to call and let you know he can't go out with you. His loss.

Recognize the red flags, when they wave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he just using me for the attention or is he genuinely interested? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a really complicated situation, and most people will say "run for hills" once they read this. However, I'm going to ask it anyway. I met this guy at my son's school, he's a teacher there. Well, long story short, we seemed to hit it off. Nothing ever happened, but I fell for him hard. We...

Is this a brush off? [ 7 Answers ]

I had a date one week ago with a guy I had met on one of the online dating sites. I thought we had a great date. Good conversation and I felt we had a connection. 2 days later he emails me and tells me he is sorry he hasn't called but this and that is going on and he will give me a call. That was 3...

Genuinely caring friend or is she jealous? [ 2 Answers ]

Well me and this girl have been best friends now for around 4years and we tell each other everything. Recently though she has started to annoy me by interferin in my private business - by telling me to stop texting this boy who I get on really well with because she says he's going to use me and...

What Baby immunisations Are GENUINELY essential [ 6 Answers ]

I´m trying to find some impartial advice on immunisations for our 2 week old baby. My girlfriend is, quite rightly, against immunisations that aren't necessary based on the odds and statistics. We had our baby in a natural birthing clinic, with a water birth with no medication whatsoever....

View more questions Search