Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IWHO Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

May 9, 2009, 10:18 AM

Redken Chemistry System Hair Color and Chemical treatments

Here is a link to the Redken product which is called Redken Chemistry System (several products depending on your needs). These products are like conditioners, they repair the hair, add shine, managability, and bounce... they're awesome... they are not a semi-permanent glosser like the Cellophane which is still awesome itself... talk to your stylist about both products and see what they recommend for your hair... they need to look at your hair, touch it, etc. and then will make a recommendation...
    puppy_dog501 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 02:08 PM

I just went to the hair dressers for my brother and I was bored(he had a lot of hair so it took a while to cut and they misunderstood him so they had to cut it 2 times) and I was listening to my I-pod while exploring the shelf next to me and I found thins line of hair products called Matrix and it had a product to help me manage my hair (I hate it so much cause the curls are frizzy and hard to manage) and it was supposed to help the curls stop being so unruly and I didn't have my mom with me so I couldn't get her to check it out but do you guys know about it? And if so is it good if you use it? Do you recommend it?

that link said it seals the hair cutical would that make the hair grow any slower?
    IWHO Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

May 9, 2009, 06:43 PM

Everyone's hair is different and so one product that might work for me, might not work for you... your hair type might be different than mine... I tried EVERYTHING I could find on my hair, and only the Cellophane and Redken Chemistry System work for me... but your hair is not damaged like mine, though it is unruly... both of the products I told you about should work for you... but they are not "counter" products... even though you can buy them online... I just bought the Redken product from the site that I sent you... the Redken product can be used at home and my stylist said it is like a conditioner that can be used as often as I want... the Cellophane is harder to use as home, and only recommended about every 2-3 weeks...

Sealing the hair cutical does NOT make the hair grow slower... they are talking about the "cutical", not the "root"...
    What is the hair cuticle?
    The hair cuticle is the outer coating of the hair, and the hair cuticle also gives the look of the hair. If you have frizzy hair, flyaway hair, usually the hair cuticle is damaged. Therefore, you want something that's going to smooth it out, make it look shiny. That's where hair products like hair serums, silicone products, and oils come into play. They coat the outer shaft of the hair, and they give that beautiful, shiny texture.
    puppy_dog501 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 09:38 AM

K thanks for they hair-product suggestions if the one that I saw at my hair cutters doesn't work I'll give those a try!:]
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2009, 09:41 PM

Thanks for all of the information you guys! I am going to the store now and will see if I can find one of the products mentioned.

Puppy_dog501, you asked how I know if curly will come back into style. It's a cycle, kind-of like clothes. If you watch a movie made in the 1980s the curly hair abounds. It's due to come back.

As someone said wisely, what works for my hair may not work on yours. But, what I've learned is to avoid blow dryers. A straightening iron that dries as it straighens seems to work best. I like TIGI products and need the superpower of "curls rock" the most if it's going to rain.

Don't brush or comb your wet hair if you want it to dry curly. Use your fingers, brushes make frizz, so does blowing it all over with a hairdryer. If you must use a hairdryer, anchor the piece of hair you are working with a brush. Re-wet if necessary to always be working with a wet handful. I use Mason-Pearson brushes, they're so worth the money.

Curly hair can be a joy if you accept it as it is and work with its best qualities. If you treat it like straight hair it will disapoint you. Stylists with straight hair, no matter how much training and practice they have had, they make me run the other way. But, that's just me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have red hair and I hate it [ 7 Answers ]

I have read numerous topics on this, but I really want to find out more. I have red hair and I really hate it, I know people will say its more about what's on he inside than what's on the outside but its different when you get teased all the time and is as self conscious as I am. I don't...

I have this thin hair and I hate it! I really want a lush and thick hair [ 2 Answers ]

I was not really blessed wd lush and thick hair ever since... do you know sum natural treatment or any products which will help me have the thick hair I always want? HELp me... :confused:

I hate my hair! [ 4 Answers ]

I dyed my hair a few weeks ago and I thought it would look cute if I put light brown highlights in my dark brown hair but the lady at the salon put a golden color and she made them streaks. Well now I try to hide the streaks the best I can by parting my hair to another side but it completely ruined...

I hate my hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally red hair and as I have gotten older my hair has started to look more like strawberry blonde and very washed out. So this morning I decided to dye my hair - YUCK! What a mistake - I now have RED hair but very uneven, almost burgundy in some spots and I am afraid to go into the sun...

I Hate My Hair [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I dyed my hair yesterday at the salon... dark dark brown with blonde stripes.. and I hate it... I want to go back light brown.. what should I do :(

View more questions Search