Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmarie525 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 01:12 PM
    8 inch rough in toilet needs to be replaced
    Is it possible to change out an 8 in. rough in toilet with a newer toilet with the 10 to 12 in. rough ins without breaking the slab?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 8, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmarie525 View Post
    Is it possible to change out an 8 in. rough in toilet with a newer toilet with the 10 to 12 in. rough ins without breaking the slab?
    You may have to chip out some cement to accept a 2" offset closet flange,.(see image) but if you have a 8" rough this will bring it out the 10 inches.'
    Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 8, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Cmarie...

No such thing as an 8" rough in toilet...??? Even if you go back, like forever, they were 14", 12" and 10" rough ins.

There have been a few custom toilets that I have seen over the years that approximated 8"... but didn't measure so hard to say.

Anyway, measure from the finished wall to the center of the bolts on the toilet... if there are two sets of holes or bolts measure from finished wall to center of both sets of toilet holes/bolts.

If you measure 9" to center then a 10" rough in toilet will work here. If you measure 8", then hopefully there is the other set of toilet bolts/holes and they will measure somewhere near 14"...

Otherwise, best bet is the offset flange as posted by Tom... ;)

Let me know more... O.K.?

MARK
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 8, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Never say never Mark!
    Durauit puts out a "Happy D" Series 8 inch rough in toilet,(see image) a wee bit pricey at $495.00 (Sale at $371.00.)
    Just thought I would put this up in case Marie has deep pockets.
    Cheers, Tom
    Attached Images

massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

May 8, 2009, 04:30 PM
    See... never know what I'll learn on this page... very cool. Thanks for posting the info. Tom!
    ppnyc65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2016, 10:36 AM
    Hello Tom,
    Where you can buy this toilet at $371?
    Best
    Peter
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2016, 12:14 PM
    Hello ppnyc65

Welcome to this site You posted your thread on old thread from 2009 please open a new thread for yourself that it will have more visibility and some one will respond to you always check the date on top left corner when the thread was posted, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I find a TOILET that has an 8 1/2 to 9 inch rough in [ 5 Answers ]

Where do I find a TOILET that has an 8 1/2 to 9 inch rough in? Most toilets have 12 to 14 inch rough in. My walls and floor are both tiled. So it is difficult to move or break wall.

Need to replace toilet, rough-in 20" from the wall, toilet has four mounting holes [ 3 Answers ]

In a nutshell, we need to replace our existing toilet. However, the toilet has a rough-in of about 20"+ to the closet flange and the toilet has four mounting holes on the base. The toilet is connected to the closet flange via the front two holes (and nothing in the back two holes). I bought the...

'02 F150 5.4L V8 thermostat replaced, now runs rough [ 16 Answers ]

We replaced the thermostat on our 2002 Ford F150 Supercrew 5.4L V8, not a diesel. We let the engine run afterward while adding coolant. Unfortunately, we didn't take it for a test drive until later that evening. It idles perfectly normal, however upon taking it down the road, the service engine...

9 inch rough in [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am remodeling an older home the original owners put an addition on that included a half bath in the new utility room. The rough opening from the sheetrock to the center of the flange is 9 inches without chipping concrete out and putting in an offset. Is there anything else I can do to...

View more questions Search