Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawnistrue Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Divorce stipulation
    I was divorced in 2005 and in my divorce stipulation my exhusband agreed to many things such as getting life insurance policies with my children as beneficiaries and paying for 75% college costs for my daughters. There are many many other issues which he has refused to abide by. If I take him back to family court do I need an attorney and do I have to incur the cost? I have no money. Thank you. Dawn
    dawnistrue Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 09:07 AM

No replies??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 10, 2009, 09:09 AM

We are all volunteers here. A two hour wait is not that unusual.

That being said - no, you don't need an Attorney to enforce a Judgment of Divorce. Go back to the original Court and get the Judgment enforced. You say "agree" but I am assuming the various forms of relief were ordered - ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I write a Divorce Stipulation. [ 2 Answers ]

My 21 year old U.S.Navy Daughter is trying to do her own divorce (no children involved) and has filed all the beginning papers, had her (soon to be) EX served. He has agreed to not fight anything and just sit back and let her do her all paper-work. Our question is how do we write a stipulation...

Divorce stipulation [ 3 Answers ]

I was divorced in 2004. My ex met other women on the internet and then slept with them. I had all the computer downloads printed out but New York is a 50 -50 state. Fault means nothing. The stipulation reads that he gets 40% of my pension (which will be on goingtill death ) and I get 50% of...

Stipulation settlement [ 16 Answers ]

I have been making timely payments every month now, have not missed a payment And I received an alert telling me that a judgement was entered in default of Stipulation. Am I supposed to receive a notice of this? Also, can I do anything? I have my receipts of money orders and signatures,...

Can bankruptcy stop a stipulation [ 5 Answers ]

I was recently sued and lost and I am paying every month in a stipulation. I have to keep paying this amount for 4 months and after that, they will want the full amount which I can't afford. I am thinking of filing for Chapter 7, I know that bankruptcy could stop judgements, but can it stop a...

Stipulation of Dismissal [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing OK. Most of you remember me posting my case here where I was being taken to court because according to them I owed some account by citybank. Well I went to the hearing it was with a magistrate not with judge, however, the plaintiff was on the phone (due...

View more questions Search