Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samarmajaideh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Is blasting damages covered by insurance company?
    Does home insurance cover damages from blasting in the common area in my backyard? I noticed squeaky noises in different spots in my home which was build in 2000.also there is cracks in the marble fire place and driveway too.I believe that all this damages accrued when the start blasting in my backyard for sewer project. I called my agent he came and took some pics never heard from him again I kept calling .finally he said you are claim is denied because this is settling not caused by blasting but I argued that how can I house settle all of the sudden in different areas and levels in my home.I asked him to dend me all the investigation files and outcome but he never did . What should I do ?
    Can I sue them or I don't have a valid case?
    Advice.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by samarmajaideh View Post
    does home insurance cover damages from blasting in the common area in my backyard? I noticed squeaky noises in different spots in my home which was build in 2000.also there is cracks in the marble fire place and driveway too.i believe that all this damages accrued when the start blasting in my backyard for sewer project. i called my agent he came and took some pics never heard from him again i kept calling .finally he said u r claim is denied bcz this is settling not caused by blasting but i argued that how can i house settle all of the sudden in different areas and levels in my home.i asked him to dend me all the investigation files and outcome but he never did . what should i do ?
    can i sue them or i dont have a valid case?
    advice.
    If they have determined that the home settled then no, that is not something covered by a homeowner's policy. In a sense, settling is considered like regular wear and tear- it's something that happens over time.

Homes do begin to settle after a few years so you will notice cosmetic cracks in concrete areas (driveway, walkways, and foundation). Still, your homeowner's policy is in place to protect against sudden perils (fire, lightning, and theft, for example).

As for suing-- who do you plan to sue; your insurance company, the contractors hired for blasting, or the city for hiring the contractors? You would be hard pressed to prove that they are solely responsible for your home having foundational problems. Unless there was sudden damage- say a piece of debris fell on your home and put a hole in your roof then I don't see you having much of a case. You would have to prove negligence on their part and you don't have any solid evidence. Your home is almost 10 yrs old- settling is expected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floors covered in insurance? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We have noticed that parts of our upstairs flooring has been becoming springy! On closer inspection it appears we have chip board flooring laid upstairs and this has started collapsing at the joints, it has all been laid poorly and does not appear to be water treated. To add to that it...

Someone hit my parked car but I got no license or covered by my insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm new to this site. Last week my dads car was hit at my job . This girl backed up into my dads parked car . I borrowed it to go to work . I have no license or covered by insurance , but my dad has full coverage . People tell me it was parked so it doesn't matter if I got no insurance or...

S it against the law to be double covered for medical insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Is it against the law to be double covered for medical insurance

Have car insurance / NOT at fault / being personally sued for damages [ 13 Answers ]

I was recently in a car accident. I have full collision and comprehensive coverage through a national car insurance company. My insurance determined I was NOT at fault for the accident. One of the other cars involved in the accident was a rental car. The rental car agency (a local business, not a...

Being suied for damages in automobile accident but I have insurance [ 18 Answers ]

I really need some help. I had a minor accident with a lawyer. My car has a no damage, his had a little. The reasons he is suing me are false and I can prove that some of them are false. My questions are is this legal? I have car insurance, I thought this is why I have car insurance? ...

View more questions Search