Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piperlaurie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 03:30 PM
    Alcohol and eyesight?
    I am seeing flashs like lightning in both my eyes and I have been a heavy drinker for several years I have been sober for 7 days now and noticed this happening the past 3 days can anyone help me here?
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

May 7, 2009, 03:43 PM

Your detoxing...
    Detoxing is serious and or fatal you might want to seek medical supervision.

Drug Addiction Withdrawal | SouthCoast Recovery - Dana Point, CA

Drug Addiction Withdrawal for Benzodiazepines, Alcohol and Opiates
    For those who need to detox from anti-anxiety medication, tranquilizers and sedatives such as Benzodiazepines (Valium, Librium, Xanax, Klonapin) or alcohol, the drug addiction withdrawal symptoms may include insomnia, increased amounts of anxiety, irregular heartbeat, profuse sweating, tremors, headaches, body-aches and the possibility of life-threatening seizures. Severe alcohol detox symptoms also include visual or auditory hallucinations and delerium tremens or DTs. Benzodiazepines and alcohol both work by depressing the central nervous system (CNS). Abrupt cessation can result in convulsions or seizures and for this reason, benzodiazepines and alcohol are the most dangerous forms of drugs to safely detox from. Medical supervision at a hospital or licensed drug rehab facility is highly recommended for a safe detox.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 12, 2009, 12:57 AM

I agree with the above posting. It most likely from the withdrawals. You should visit your doctor and let them know that you are detoxing from alcohol and what you need to do to begin to lead a healthier life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My eyesight [ 8 Answers ]

I use to have really great vision. I could read the copyright on the eye chart. My eyesight has gone down hill and I can't afford the eye doctors. I wanted to know what my eyesight is now APPROXIMATE Since it is obviously no longer 20/20 I wear 200+ reading glasses from the $ Tree. Can you...

Urine Drug/Alchohol Tests [ 7 Answers ]

Will using an hearbal detox show as detectible in a urine test?

Alcohol Testing [ 2 Answers ]

My son is on probation and he is tested on Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays. If he were to drink on Friday or Saturday would this be detected with his urine test

Foggy Eyesight [ 8 Answers ]

My eyes get really foggy and hazy around the edges. This does not affect my eyesight it just makes me feel hazy I also get migrains a lot. I don't think I need glasses because like I said my eyesight is perfect. But during certain times of the day my eyes just feel really blurry, especially during...

Dogs with bad eyesight [ 7 Answers ]

We have a malamute /husky mix. He will be 2 years old in May. We recently had him into the vet for hip problems, the vet said nothing about hip dysplasia, but showed us his x-ray, said he has arthritis, the femur balls are both very flat. Now within the last week or 2 we are thinking he is having...

View more questions Search