Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kizia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 10:36 AM
    What would I become?
    Am 19 years old and I scared I might be a child molester.
    I was molested from I was 7 years by my baby sitter and by my cousin.
    The molestation stop when I 12 it was hard for to adjust but I got stronger as I got older. But there my years
    The same things they did to me I did it to my niece and my nephew. I never
    Told it to anyone but it is get hard to say no to myself I try my best but
    Am scared I would it to my own child I only did to them once but it hurt me
    I been though I lot of things throw the ages of 13-17 but I got though do you think I
    Become something am not?
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

May 7, 2009, 04:16 PM

It is common for children to act out their molestation with other children. You are not a child and need to stop. Go to therapy and work through what happened to you so you don't become a predator.
    kizia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 05:33 PM
    [QUOTE Go to therapy and work through what happened to you so you don't become a predator.[/QUOTE]
    OK
    Magan2345 let me tell you this, not everyone can afford therapy but I worked though my problems all I ask is if it would really could happen to me cause I would thinking how its
    Just to hold that child and see how it develop. I don't just think about doing it to children but to older females in there 50's and above its weird but I never did it before just thought
    About it
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 05:38 PM
    You can afford therapy. You just have to know where to look. Many universities offer therapy for free or on a sliding scale basis.
    Pokerface5 Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 05:43 PM

To answer your question directly it is possible for you to become a child molester. I know that Therapy seems expensive and just like
    J_9 said some universities offer it for free. Besides, what's more expensive? Therapy for help or 20-30 years in prison for child molestation?
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 10:53 PM
    It is absolutely VERY possible that you could become a molester/pedophile.

These types of problems should always be worked through with professional, objective assistance. Don't deceive yourself that you can do it yourself - you've already said you're afraid of what you might become.

Please don't continue to live with this fear and these awful thoughts in your mind when there is excellent assistance available. You've made a start by asking the question on this forum, don't delay!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kizia View Post
    [QUOTE Go to therapy and work through what happened to you so you don't become a predator.
    OK
    Magan2345 let me tell you this, not everyone can afford therapy but I worked though my problems all I ask is if it would really could happen to me cause I would thinking how its
    Just to hold that child and see how it develop. I don't just think about doing it to children but to older females in there 50's and above its weird but I never did it before just thought
    About it
    [/QUOTE]

The thing about our thoughts or fantasies is that they often become less exciting over time and the need to actually experience them can lead to the unwanted behavior.
    You have not worked through your problems if you are still questioning your potential to be a pedophile.
    Sexual abuse is a serious crime and you were a victim.People do not usually work these things out without some outside guidance.
    I am giving you a link for free mental health services in the U.S.. if you are in another country,let me know and I will try to find something for you where you live.
    The link says substance abuse as well,but they cover all aspects of mental health.
    Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Website

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search