Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sauceman2012 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 08:01 AM
    New music
    I am looking for some new music, but I am looking for a particular sound. First of all I mainly listen to metal core and come deathcore and a little thrash. Okay given that, first it is guitar, I enjoy when there are 2 guitarist, the guitar style of "As I Lay Dying" is my favorite. Their old stuff before the cd "An Ocean Between Us". I love how they switch form lead to rhythm and when they are playing the same riff together, one guitarist will switch to another string and harmonize with the other guitarist. Two things I wish they did is have guitar solos like skwisgaar from the animated band, "Dethklok" (I realize they are in more of the death metal band, but that one aspect I really appreciate.) and more breakdowns which is seen in more of the Deathcore genre. Next is bass guitar, one thing that I love is pop and slap, it is completely in metalcore and deathcore music, styles like the ones that the bassist form "Korn" and "Mudvayne" uses, I thing it sounds good when they are just doing bass lines, but I would like to see a metalcore band incorporate more pop and slap. Then there are the drums one thing I love is when a drummer switches tempo from like a 1/2 beat to a 1/4, or a 2/4 to a 1/2, "As I Lay Dying" does this a little, one song that uses this in every part of the song is "Shadows Fall- Enlightened by the cold" I think the tempo change makes for better dynamics. And double bass, there has to be double bass. Finally there is the vocals, I enjoy the mid screams from As I lay dying, but I also enjoy the raspy/ clean singing from "Metallica" and "GodSmack". Another thing I like is when one singer screams in a high pitched scream while another singer screams in a low pitch scream at the same time causing the 2 to harmonize their vocals, this one is not really important though. So in conclusion, I am looking for a band that has a guitar style like "As I Lay Dying" with solos from "DethKlok" drums form "As I Lay Dying" and "Shadows Fall" Bass from "Korn" and Mudvayne" and a combination of Vocals from "As I Lay dying" " " and " and " I would prefer it be in the metalcore genre, and if there is nothing like that, then Deathcore. I know this is a lot to ask for, but I am ready for something new and there Is a particular sound I want to hear. I appreciate you time. -Seth
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

May 7, 2009, 08:48 AM

These bands are really not metal but have a heavy sound you may like. You may want to give a listen Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine and Joe Satriani. These bands are instrumental but sound awsome and you may like. Listen the early stuff which is a little heavier. Some of my favorite metal bands are Fates Warning, Brainstorm and Rendemtion that you may like.

May 7, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SAB123 View Post
    These bands are really not metal but have a heavy sound you may like. You may want to give a listen Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine and Joe Satriani. These bands are instrumental but sound awsome and you may like. Listen the the early stuff which is a little heavier. Some of my favorite metal bands are Fates Warning, Brainstorm and Rendemtion that you may like.
    Thanks SAB123 these bands are kind of oldschool but still cool non the less. I like tony macalpine and joe satriani the most. :D
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 01:29 PM

Do you like this?
    YouTube - Steel Pulse Soldiers live

May 11, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Funky! Ja mon! Not really metal at all, lol but it sounds cool for its genre. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s music [ 5 Answers ]

This is a question about 80s music. It's been driving me crazy! There was a song that was sung by a woman or women. They were singing something like bad bad bad bad boys and I can't figure out who the artist was or the song title. The chorus was repeated often. If someone has an answer for me...

How do I put music/music videos etc. On my iPod? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I put music/music videos etc. on my iPod? I just can't figure out how to do it..

How do I insert a music player in my web site, to upload my own music in it? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I insert a music player in my web site, to upload my own music in it? Thanks to all who help me:)

View more questions Search