Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghbogen Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 02:38 PM
    iMac for 3d games
    I am planning to purchase a new iMac Core 2 Duo,2,16 GHz, 20" LCD,2GB SDRAM of memory,250 GB serial ATA drive and a superdrive and a video card ATI Radeon x 1600 128 mb VRAM
    Do you believe that it is a sufficiently powerful machine to play the newest 3D games? Would it be helpful if I purchased Ati Radeon x 1600 with 256 MB of VRAM rather than 128 mb
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 25, 2006, 02:41 PM
    Nice piece of kit.
    Unfortunately most of the best computer games are designed for the PC and NOT Mac, so you maybe better off saving some money and buy a top of the line PC instead,

Sep 25, 2006, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Nice piece of kit.
    Unfortunately most of the best computer games are designed for the PC and NOT Mac, so you maybe better off saving some money and buy a top of the line PC instead,
    If I install a Boot Camp or Pararells on the Imac would I be able to play games made for the PC with the similar speed which I could reach if I used the PC?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 25, 2006, 03:23 PM
    True, Boot Camp will allow you to install Windows XP and then play games, but why have all the extra expense and hassle when for the same money that you would pay for the iMac you could get a serious games PC?

Sep 25, 2006, 03:46 PM
    Since Mac is :1)more reliable2)very rarely has problems caused by the viruses,spyware etc 3)has the best telephone technical support 4)has better operating system(Tiger) than Windows XP(in the future Microsoft's Vista will be probably just as good but in the spring Apple will release the new OS Leopard supposedly unusually good and safe) perhaps buying Mac(and they became much cheaper lately) and spending approximately $200 more for a copy of Windows and the Boot Camp may not be such a bad idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PC games [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know of any PC games that play similar to that of Myst, Riven, MystIII? I love the "flow" of these games but can not find any others like them. Also, I need suggestions on any adventure PC games that are good... thanks

Pc Games [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I know that if you buy PS2 games and you live in Europe they won't work, because Europe is PAL Colour and USA is NTSC. But is it the same with PC Games?

No more games. [ 71 Answers ]

Hello All, For the past 2 years I have been in a long distance relationship with a lovely lady whom I adored. At times our relationship was really tough despite all the wonderful moments that we had had togther. (It was tough because obviously we didn't get to see each other as much as we would...

IMac G5 Sleep problems [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if any iMac G5 owners have had this problem, if it's a hardware/software thing -- when I try to put it to sleep, it won't. When it automatically goes into energy save mode (after sleep when the screen goes black), I can't get the computer back on by clicking the mouse; I have to...

Games [ 10 Answers ]

My computer at my job has a block on games and music sites. But I could find only one site I could play games on. It's called 2000greetings.com. Are there any other sites like this one?

View more questions Search