Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashokgoel50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 03:21 AM
    Want to reduce weight by 10 kg
    Dear sir,
    I am 87 kg and want to reduce my over weight by 10 kg .pl advice.

Ashok goel
    sundar63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 08:50 AM
    First and foremost you should be serious and focused about your goal.There is no magic in losing weight. The hard way is the best way and it does not incur any cost.

Start an exercise program. Walk, jog, run, cycle, swim and exercise at least 30 minutes a day. Find the time. It doesn't matter what time you do it but make sure it's done.

Watch your diet! Cut at least 500 calories and burn the same amount through exercise. That's 1000 calories gone. If done continuously for a week you could burn 7000 calories and lose almost a kg.

It might take you almost 3 months to lose 10 kg. No products, no starving and no weight loss programs. Just sheer willpower and effort on your part.

I am 45 and just begun the same exercise and I have lose an inch around my bulging tummy. All in a 10 days workout only! Trust me you will be healthier.

There is no short cuts or fast method. Cheers
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 7, 2009, 09:17 AM

You can also try this:

- CHEW, CHEW and CHEW again when you eat food, until it becomes almost liquid. This will help evacuating calories by chewing, and also lengthen your satisfaction by having the food for a longer time in your mouth. If you swallow quickly, you lose that satisfaction also quickly.

- Eat more raw food. Raw food often take more energy to be digested than the amount of calories they provide.

- Eat more wholefoods, which contain lots of fibre (example:wholegrains along with wheat, oats, and rice bran, fruits and vegetables. Use a serving from each foodgroup for balanced meals and eliminate all free fats. Thus, it is easier to eat normally without starving yourself. It was proved that extra fibre brings about a steady weight loss.

- Rest plentily, for if you go to bed early, you cannot temp yourself to eat and strengthening your willpower by being more rested. Avoid fattening, rich, spicy food which tempt you to overeat and avoid the use of too much salt.

- Can you replace your soft/fizzy drinks by herbal teas, lemon water and oranges? You can fast on these things for one or two days in a week. Fasting will kind of make your stomach 'shrink' and makes you satisfy with less food.

These are the methods where you are less tired and spend less time, but some good physical exercise always do good. With this, good luck and I wish you success! :)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 7, 2009, 11:12 AM
    All the above is good advice. The best way to cut weight is to do it in a healthy and sustainable way.

That means following both a healthy diet and exercise.

Concerning food... look at when you eat and how much you eat. Often, it is easy to start cutting calories by simply taking a little less... use a smaller plate... most people can cut their biggest meal by 3/4 and not feel uncomfortable. Even better, spread your meals out so that you have more meals, but small portions...

For ex,

I might have yogurt with fruit for breakfast... or a banana with a piece of whole wheat toast and peanut butter

Then, late morning, a couple of bites of lean meat and cheese. A few bites of fruit or a good fruit drink. Doesn't take much.

A sensible lunch... try to hit all the food groups. Especially veggies.

Mid afternoon snack... some dried cherries or cranberries and roasted almonds, macademias, cashews

Dinner... sensible and portion controlled... it makes NO sense to overload your body with lots of calories before bed.

You don't have to eat what I eat... but look at the thought process. I'm trying to fuel my body a little bit at a time.

Think about quality of food. You don't have to scrimp on every little thing. If you crave a treat, fine. If my wife is dying to have a taste of chocolate, its better to give her one fantastic truffle than to try to "eat around" it... shell probably eat more calories and still not be satiated... same for me.

And do NOT starve yourself... especially if you begin exercising. You need to fuel your body.

As for exercise... as mentioned, lots you can do. Its best to do different things... not just the same thing all the time. Cross training "confuses" your body and keeps it from adjusting too much to your routine.

Studies show that those who keep both diet and exercise journals lose twice the weight as those who do not. Its about the truth, sticking to a plan, paying attention.

If you can exercise earlier in the day, the better... even if that's just getting up an hour earlier than you'd like to workout. Id rather sleep in... but I know if I pry myself out of bed that I can check the workout off the list... no putting it off and then putting it off until suddenly you don't have any more time. Also, an early AM workout amps your metabolism so that the calories you eat throughout the morning are burned more than if you hadn't worked out.

So... you aren't talking about an unreasonable about of weight to lose. But give yourself some time. If you haven't been working out, it can take a few weeks for your body to adjust... you may not see much change... but after 4-6 weeks, you will likely feel stronger and you'll be primed to shed those pounds.

Whenever I start any new exercise program I reserve judgement until I'm at least 6-8 weeks into it. It just takes that long for your body to get cranked in, adjusted, learn "muscle memory" for unique movements, etc.

I don't know what you have available for exercise.

But to give you some perspective... my workout consists of walking/running or biking or jumping rope... also tae bo... kettlebells (weights) and free weights... and pilates.

I do the walk/run/bike/rope for cardio... the weights for strength... the tae bo for flexibility and strength by hitting unique angles... and pilates for core strength and flex.

You don't have to do what I do... but I do all of these different things to, again, hit my body from different "angles"... I could run every single day, but I don't want to. I find it boring. And my body responds better to varied workouts.

So... think about what you can do for exercise. Walk. Run. Hike. Walk up stairs. Up hills. Through the woods. Swim. Walk through water. Dance...

Seriously... my partner has a strong body and is quite fit, but part of her workout is bellydance... it gets into her ribs and upper torso like nothing else and has given her more flexibility throughout her back and abs... and she likes it.

So find what you can do and what you might enjoy.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 09:56 PM
    wow, what a lengthy post!

Wow, unky, you keep saying that about my posts. I'm not looking for an editor, but thanks.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

May 8, 2009, 10:52 PM

Huh? It's the first time I said that comment, I'm positive for that.
    help_for_sure Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 12:02 AM
    Hello Mr. Ashok,

Hello,

I have nutrition program for you , there is no side effect and even your energy level also will boost
    You can reduce your weight up to 4 kg/month,

Reply me on [email protected] if you are serious about it.

Thanks for your time.
    hasankarim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 11:08 AM
    Eat vegetable,fruit,salad exercise in every day walk and dieting
    nayakbrijesh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 10:51 PM
    Add lemon in luke warm water and honey. Drink it early morning in empty stomach.
    Exercise daily for 30-40 minutes. (take off on Wednesday and sunday)
    Walking in the evening (avoid jog)
    Avoid tea and coffee. Take only lemon drink. (not much only two glasses per day)
    Morning breakfast - only oats or fruits
    Lunch - do not cut off, have as usual what u want.
    Dinner - Drink glass full of water before meal. Take light food.

Note : avoid junk foods.

Make above as your routine religiously and see the result.

I have reduced from 98 kgs to 85 kgs in 3 months.

Brijesh Nayak

kk disco Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 10:54 PM
    Eat healthy food you can reduce your weight do not eat out side food which contain fat of animals.

May 22, 2012, 10:56 PM
    Avoid eathing like animals on road

May 22, 2012, 10:57 PM
    Don't lie be straight
    Quote Originally Posted by nayakbrijesh View Post
    Add lemon in luke warm water and honey. drink it early morning in empty stomach.
    exercise daily for 30-40 mins. (take off on wednesday and sunday)
    walking in the evening (avoid jog)
    avoid tea and coffee. take only lemon drink. (not much only two glasses per day)
    Morning breakfast - only oats or fruits
    Lunch - do not cut off, have as usual what u want.
    Dinner - Drink glass full of water before meal. take light food.

Note : avoid junk foods.

Make above as your routine religiously and see the result.

I have reduced from 98 kgs to 85 kgs in 3 months.

Brijesh Nayak
    balajimurugesan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 11:01 PM
    Lose weight without missing your favourite food ask me how 9940238396
    balajimurugesan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2012, 11:04 PM
    Lose weight without exersice & without missing regular food 9600060061

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to reduce weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, How to reduce my waist, tummy, thighs,,

Want to reduce my weight [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am 37 years old. My weight is 70 & height is 5'5. As per height I look OK, but my waist and stomach is not in correct shape. How can I reduce these 2 things fast, but without dieting

How to reduce weight [ 2 Answers ]

Hiiiiiiiii my name is samarpan I live in india I just wanted to ask how to reduce weight

View more questions Search