Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hellodinki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 10:36 PM
    Bleached hair gone yellow,want to tone it down
    Can you please help me. I bleached my hair and wanted it white but it has gone a tinge of yellow can I put a ash-blonde toner on it to tone the colour down.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 05:03 AM

Yes, definitely. There are some violet toners that will work quite well. In fact, that's what you want (violet counteracts yellow).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red hair dye on bleached blonde hair [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this but am desperate for any advice. Right, here goes! I have long hair which was dark brown base (almost like my natural colour) with bleached blonde panels going through it. It looked fab and it was even in good condition. Then lo and behold on the 8th September just gone I...

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Changing hair color from red tone to ash tone [ 1 Answers ]

I used Feria Hair color Crushed Garnet to color my hair over the winter. It was a really nice shade, had lots of compliments. I want to change for the summer to Natural Hair Colour 51/2C ash brown. Will the red pigment cause any problems changing to an ash tone? My natural hair color is...

How do I determine if I have a yellow or olive, warm or cool skin tone? [ 2 Answers ]

It seems like I've read all of the advice out there but am still having difficulty pinning it down. My skin is medium-light, has some freckles, and doesn't tend to burn. In some lights, it looks yellow; in others, it looks cool and ashy. I'm trying to determine this so I can pick out a decent hair...

I have bleached, damaged hair with yellow/orange tint [ 1 Answers ]

I have treated my hair with bleach and a high lift color. My hair is sooooo white with a yellow tone that I want to tone it down A LOT by adding a darker blonde toner. Will adding the toner to my already damaged hair damage it more? 20 hours ago - 1 week left to answer. Also, any ideas as to...

View more questions Search