2wanna Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Is this painting worth any value
    Is this painting worth any value
    Attached Images

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 05:17 AM

Sorry, but this painting has to be the ugliest work I have ever seen ! Is there any reason you think it is worth anything ?

Tick

May 7, 2009, 06:18 AM

It was once said that beauty is n the eye of the beholder. I did not ask for your opinion of the painting, I ask was the painting worth any value. Sorry to be so blunt but I happen to like the painting. If you still want to help me with my paint, 20 years ago I paid 150 dollar for it, "scarce" is written on the tree trunk. On the back of the painting is London Oil Colour and Newton Extra Quality Cotton Canvas Board.. I guess he might be a European Artist
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 9, 2009, 05:45 AM

I've tried googling every possible variation of that name...
    Pherpin
    Phenpin
    Phanpin
    Pherpi
    Phanpi
    Phenpi

The same the d at the start...

I've come up with nothing sorry...
    Expert

May 9, 2009, 07:02 AM

You may no t have asked for my opinion, but my opinion was from a purely artistic point of view. Yes you are right, 2wanna, beauty would have to be in the eye of the beholder on this one. If I put some of my artwork up for sale looking like that, I would head for the hills first.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2009, 07:24 AM

Do you know what the artists name is clearly. I can not make out what the letters are.

Just as Shazzy has done, I can't find anything.

I even looked through a page of artists in the 20th century and can't even find the person who painted it.

May 9, 2009, 10:54 PM
    Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your help.

May 9, 2009, 10:58 PM

Mr Tickle, I don't no what your problem is with my painting, but thank your artistic point of view, which I have to question.. So please head for the hill and try now to fall down it...
    45notdaddy Posts: 62, Reputation: 15

May 9, 2009, 11:38 PM

Things are only worth what someone else would pay for them. That said, it doesn't seem to be anything other than an amateur work by an unknown (read: not famous) artist. It could be the work of a 50's housewife who took a painting class. Your best bet would be to have it appraised.
    Expert

May 10, 2009, 04:09 AM

LOL, 2 want to, your opinion of my artistic merit is really amusing; I don't have a problem with it though. It doesn't matter. Sometimes OPs don't like to hear an opinion. I don't have a problem with that. Funny thing is though, its only a painting and not worth a disagreement.

Apologies if I offended you. I will be very careful on that hill.

Kindest regards

ms. tickle

May 10, 2009, 07:56 AM

Mr Tickel, I don't have a problem with your opinion, It just the way you said it. I was offended and apologies is accepted. Thank you for all your help... I collect painting, I look forward to your help in the future. Lol 2wanna.
    Expert

May 10, 2009, 08:15 AM

Hi, 2wanna, being blunt unfortunately at times is my style. You mus nott be offended by bluntness. I too, have several watercolors, acrylic, and numbered prints of the Group of Seven. I have also painted in acrylic and presently do commission work in stained glass. Colour is very much apart of my life being a stained glass artisan. This is probably why your painting did not appeal to me. It was the style in colour.

Kindest regards

Tick

May 10, 2009, 08:43 AM

Mr Tickle, It cool. I understand now, looking at it from your artistic point of view, the painting is kind of dual. I look forward to your professional help and bluntness in the future.. lol 2wanna.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is a particular oil painting worth? [ 2 Answers ]

I have on old oil painting by M. Katz of a bull w/bull fighter. Does anyone know about how much it would be worth? Where do I go to sell? Contact me @

Worth of an oil painting on velvet [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone help, what is the worth of this painting by Ralph Burke Tyree? It is a velvet painting titled "Polynesian Nude" This is the back http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i218/mahiisbig/DSC02123.jpg

How much is my painting worth? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a giulzana lazzerimi painting the name of it is the towers and poplars made:1999 how much is it worth

Who is this artist and is the painting worth anything? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi-I just picked up an oil on canvas from the salvation army thrift store. It is signed but I cannot make out the signature. It is in what I would call a gallery frame and there is a sticker on the frame that reads"Mayfair Gallery and Art Center, 274 Saratoga Rd. Scotia,NY Phone Sch'Dy EX 9-3306"....

View more questions Search