Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patzer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 06:09 PM
    Dog's Health
    My dog is constipated; changing to wheat free dog food; have done it gradually as told; today he is struggling with bowel movement; what should I do?
    puppylove08 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 06:43 PM

There are many causes of constipation. He could have swallowed something that is obstructing his colon. Maybe try adding some fiber to his diet (i.e. fiber supplement, bran cereal). If he has been constipated for more than a few days, consult your vet.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 7, 2009, 12:11 AM

If you have changed his food suddenly then this is why.

Dogs can't handle a sudden food change, you need to gradually introduce the new food day by day until they are only eating the new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog's paws and snow [ 13 Answers ]

Well were still down at my gramma's house because ours is still getting fixed. Everything's going pretty good, Rex is respectful of his boundaries and most the day he just spends in the room where we sleep at night. Here is the problem, a couple days ago he somehow unclipped his rope and got away....

Dog's teeth [ 1 Answers ]

HI My 3 year old Mini Schnauzer had 11 teeth taken out on 03-05-08. She is eating OK ,I add hot water to her dry food then mush it up. But my big problen iss I can't get her to drink any water. She is not a very big dog only 16 lbs. I have always tried to give her the best of care and I am always...

Know my career,my fathers health and my moms health [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am sonal,studying in t.y.bsc in microbiology. Usually attending college is like a burden for me,I fear a lot in public attention,sometimes even start shivering while giving presentations,due to fear I can't even concentrate in my studies and get poor marks even ,I don't feel like going to...

Moving dog's food [ 4 Answers ]

When I first got Trinkett, I set up her food in the bedroom because I was thinking that she would be shut up in there during the day. Now I leave her out during the day, and would like to move her food out of my bedroom. My problem? She won't eat out of the bedroom. To clarify, she prefers to...

My dog's behaviour [ 4 Answers ]

I noticed a strange behaviour in my dog, late this evening. He is 7 years of age and is a spitz dog. Today I suddenly found him restless about half an hour after he took his evening meal. He was shivvering in some kind of fear and was trying to hide himself at some corner. Or tried to enetr toilet...

View more questions Search