Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

May 6, 2009, 03:26 PM
    Digital, or gauge manometer?
    Which manometer is the best for natural gas and propane readings for low pressure readings(say between 0 and 20 inches water column? Digital(electronic) or gauge. Ive always used gauge, but ia need a new one, so I'm thinking of switching to electronic. Any input will be appreciated.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 03:57 PM

I have always used gauge also
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 7, 2009, 03:32 AM
    If you send the digital back to the factory every year to be tested for accuracy so be it but my main tool for gas pressure testing only is dial or water filled manometer. The water one is always true. Years ago I had a mercury one which was given to me by a local natural gas company BUT it has been disposed of since mercury and the environment (breakage) can always be a problem now days. Years ago if you broke one outside the mercury disappeared into the ground. Now you have to call a hazard waste disposal unit and pay 3000.00 for the clean up and disposal cost. LOL

I do have a digital available (many still in the box) since all my guages are supplyed to me for free as test/training demos. Some are very good BUT keeping them accurate can be a problem. I will have to admit those digital guages sure can make a lasting impression especially to the uninformed like customers.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

May 7, 2009, 03:28 PM

Thanks guys, I think ill just stick with the gauge. I also think ill get a water manometer. Ive never used one, but I've seen our gas company use them, and I agree, there is no room for error with them. Thanks for the input.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use of a you gauge manometer [ 1 Answers ]

How du I use a u gauge manometer

Changing from non digital thermostat to digital [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old non digital Honeywell T87F thermostat, gas burner with baseboard water heat. Can I change to a new digital Honewywell RTH230B and how? Thank you

12 gauge Wire Used w/ 14 gauge Outlet [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a fairly new home I purchased. I am changing my outlets as I am painting the rooms (Laundry Room) and noticed that the previous home owner put in a laundry board (built in) and wired to the nearest outlet on the wall. They used 12 gauge wire to the outlet (from the built in iron...

Failed gass gauge and temperature gauge on 1988 Nissan Pathfinder [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1988 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4. The gas gauge and the temperature gauge would stop working at the same time when the car warmed up. They both would come back on periodically and then off again. Currently they have not come back on in about 3 months. How do I fix this problem?

Oil Pressure gauge, going bad? [ 2 Answers ]

My f-150 has only 77.000 original miles,I'm the 2nd owner. Previous owned said not to freak out when I came to a stop and the oil pressure gauge drops to nothing,that it had always done this. I've put 3,000 miles on it since and it does the same thing with me,but it doesn't seem to be going dry of...

View more questions Search