Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harley98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 02:32 PM
    Staining concrete
    After removing old paint from a concrete patio, can I just stain? Or should I do more to improve the outcome of the looks & last of the new stain, also can I use stain with multiple colors to achieve to look of rock at the same time?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 03:11 PM
    after removing old paint from a concrete patio, can I just stain?
    Almost

or should I do more to improve the outcome of the looks & last of the new stain,
    That depends on the manfu specs of what you are going to choose.

also can I use stain with multiple colors to achieve to look of rock at the same time?
    Again depends on how they stain is applied and what your skill level is

I attached some vids to give you some ideas and what's involved here. The vids will impress you on the 100s of ways to satin Crete/treat Crete.

YouTube - Soycrete Concrete Staining Indoor and Outdoor Projects
    YouTube - Acid Stained Concrete
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvL9N...eature=related

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete staining [ 5 Answers ]

What do you use to tape on the concrete to make designs while staining. I'll be using different colors and I don't want bleeding to occur as it will be permanent.

Staining concrete [ 1 Answers ]

I have to pull up some nasty carpet, I am thinking about cleaning and staining the cement, and not replacing the carpet, any suggestions on how to do this? I know there is glue holding the padding down that will have to be cleaned, I want the cement to have a high gloss shine when its done.

Staining outdoor concrete [ 1 Answers ]

Any suggestions of how to stain the concrete around my swimming pool? Tools to use, brand of stain, and application? And how to protect pool?

Concrete staining [ 3 Answers ]

Can concrete be acid stained with fiber mesh in the mix.

Exterior concrete staining [ 1 Answers ]

How can I stain outdoor concrete patio slab. For a warm stain look. Tips?? :cool:

View more questions Search