Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sam33242 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 02:06 PM
    Home Care Agency
    I would like any information pertaining to starting a Home Care business. Any relevant grants or government agencies that are available for funding. Any particular qualifications that are associated for the owner and it's employees. Even any known loopholes.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 6, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam33242 View Post
    I would like any information pertaining to starting a Home Care business. Any relevant grants or government agencies that are available for funding. Any particular qualifications that are associated for the owner and it's employees. Even any known loopholes.
    There are a lot of requirements of a home care business if it is to be run for the safety of the clients they have on board. You have to have at least a doctor and nurses on board, hire Personal Support Workers who are qualified to care for, if this is the case, elderly clients. Of course the loopholes are assuring your clients that you will care for them in any eventuality, that is why you need professional people on board who are familiar with these 'eventualities' meaning clients who are wheelchair, bed bound and need bed care, personal support. In other words your clients will have to be classed as one person/two person transfers, high risk for getting them out of bed and cleaned because there is liability involved in every aspect of caring for clients who are in varying stages of disability.

If funding is available, then it wouldn't be a proper home care business. Your running costs are provided by the fee you charge to go into clients homes and care for them on a personal level.

Is this the type of home care business you mean ?

ms. tickle
    Sam33242 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 02:21 PM
    Tickle,
    Yes, that is what I am interested in
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 6, 2009, 02:29 PM

Okay, Sam, then I have told you what you will have to do and what to expect and the type of people you need to help you run an agency of this type.

Here is a website with information similar to what I have outlined above. The cost and upkeep is tremendous because of exactly who you need:

www.bls.gov/oco/ocos173

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I set up a Nursing Home Care Agency using my own home in the UK? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up a Nursing Home Care Agency using my own home in the UK?

Starting a care agency [ 2 Answers ]

Hello is there anyone out there who could give me an idea of how to start a new home care agency and the likely start up costs and how I obtain new clients etc many thanks

Licenses - care agency [ 1 Answers ]

I am setting up a care agency in the UK. What licenses do I need? Thanks

Setting up a Nursing/home care agency in the UK [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up a Nursing/home care agency in the UK? Which institutions do I ge to for assistance

Home care agency [ 1 Answers ]

I want to establish a home care agency here in WA. I want to know the step by step process and where to get necessary forms.

View more questions Search