Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:09 PM
    The greatest first lady ever!
    I'm not sure which is worse, the left's rabid hatred of Bush or their creepy infatuation with the Obama's. We're getting such hard hitting investigative journalism as Michelle's $540 sneakers, what the Obama's had for lunch, what a fashionista Michelle is, how magnificently toned her arms are and oh those pecs on Barack. Now, a little over 100 days in and Oprha has declared Michelle the greatest first lady EVER!

Though the room was filled with luminaries from around the world, most were star-struck to be in First Lady's company - even old friend Oprah Winfrey, her tablemate at the event. (See more in Gatecrasher, pages, 26-27)

"Seeing as how Michelle is the greatest First Lady we've ever known, not to take anything away from the other First Ladies, but I think its so fantastic that she's tonight's guest and leads the pack of influentials," Winfrey told the Daily News.

"I think that we see that Michelle is someone of multi-dimensions, and that you don't have to be just one thing, you can be many things," said Diane Sawyer. "In many ways were just getting to know all that she can and will do."

"She's very warm. She's very sane," said "The View" co-host Joy Behar. "She's not crazy like some people in politics."

"Michelle is incredible, I think she's amazing," said designer and Beatles scion Stella McCartney, who also made Time's list. "The half-American in me wants to dress her."
    Step aside Eleanor Roosevelt, Dolly Madison, Ladybird and Jackie-O, Michelle is in the house. Can we get a towel here so these folks can wipe the drool from their faces?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:23 PM

Speech I didn't know you are an Oprah fan.
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

May 6, 2009, 01:29 PM

I take it you are not a fan.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:31 PM

I really don't relate to Oprah.

May 6, 2009, 01:32 PM

No not Oprah, Michelle Obama
    Tokugawa Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

May 6, 2009, 01:36 PM
    She's very sane

Such a refreshing change after all the very insane first ladies there have been down the years:rolleyes:.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:37 PM

Oh no I think Michelle is great. A little to early to call her the greatest first lady ever. She seems nice, sweet, and genuine. I just like messing with speech. He is a cool guy.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:37 PM
    No, I'm not a fan of either. I find the worship of both ladies a little disturbing.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:40 PM
    Come on speech you know you have the O magazine with Michelle on the cover framed hanging next to you right now.:D
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Come on speech you know you have the O magazine with Michelle on the cover framed hanging next to you right now.:D
    What, and take down my framed Bush-Cheney poster?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:49 PM
    I'll nominate Abigail Adams... both a 1st lady and mother of a President . Born today she would've achieved a greatness that none of the contemporary 1st ladies could match. She was John Adams closest political and moral advisor while he served as President . He called her his "fellow labourer and Mrs. President ."

Her letters to both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson are must reads to understand the time of the founding .She held her own intellectually with both.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:49 PM

One on the wall one on the mantle. See we are hitting that elusive middle ground the left and right are always looking for.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I'll nominate Abigail Adams....both a 1st lady and mother of a President . Born today she would've achieved a greatness that none of the contemporary 1st ladies could match. She was John Adams closest political and moral advisor while he served as President . He called her his "fellow labourer and Mrs. President ."

Her letters to both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson are must reads to understand the time of the founding .She held her own intellectually with both.
    Great choice, tom. Unfortunately she didn't wear $540 sneakers.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 01:53 PM

Yeah when I heard that I said typical do as I say not as I do. Like when Teresa Heinz went through Etna to see the Ivan damage
    She said, "I wish there was something I could do" as she watched the workers hauling the damaged things out of the houses and stores.
    They said she could have at least bought them a case of Iron City and a case of Heinz Ketchup and some hot dogs.

Michelle O has figuratively put her foot in her mouth a few times just like Obama and I doubt it will be the last.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:54 PM
    one on the wall one on the mantle. see we are hitting that elusive middle ground the left and right are always looking for.
    Can I still keep my dog Molly as my desktop wallpaper?
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:56 PM

Hey good thing McCain didn't get elected His wife's outfits cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. So you would be saying the same thing about how much her sneakers cost Right Speech.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Can I still keep my dog Molly as my desktop wallpaper?
    Yeah you can keep Molly!
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Hey good thing McCain didn't get elected His wifes outfits cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. So you would be saying the same thing about how much her sneakers cost Right Speech.
    Actually I don't know that Cindy wears sneakers. She can afford to wear whatever she wants but I she would not have gotten near the adulation in the media. Heck, I thought Laura Bush was a great first lady - smart, pretty, always well dressed, pleasant and articulate.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 02:41 PM
    Also would like to give kudos to Edith Wilson . One of the closest advisors to President Woodrow Wilson ,she was in fact for all practical purposes the acting President after he had a stroke from Sept. 1919 until the end of Wilson's term .During that time she took over many of the duties and details of government .She did not initiate programs .She delegated much of the decision making to his cabinet.But ,effectively the chief of staff, she read all papers and documents, made priorities over policy; and decided which issues would go to the president ,and which people would see the president.

May 6, 2009, 03:18 PM

I wonder if anyone knows who the worse first lady was?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to put these questiones in order from least to greatest and I [ 5 Answers ]

3√2, √7,5.125, (fractions) 4∟3∟5, 4.6 with a little line over the 6 to show it keeps going

What is the greatest quality a person can have? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi everyone - What do you think is the best quality a person can have? For me - It would be sincere honesty. Because trusting a person, to me is huge. ( I also love a sense of humor - but I guess the way I phrased it, I should have only listed one. Ooooops did I just cheat on my own...

Greatest book [ 17 Answers ]

What is the greatest book(any type of literature) And why

Fractions from least to greatest 3/4; 14/16; 15/25; 17/20; 3/18 [ 2 Answers ]

Trying to help my son in Fractions. Need to know how to figure out the fractions from least to greatest 3/4; 14/16; 15/25; 17/20; 3/18

T2 Greatest Movie Ever! [ 2 Answers ]

I know I might be a little behind the times, but I just saw T2 in it's entirity today, and the movie is GREAT! By far one of the best action movies off all freaking time! I have seen bits and pieces before, but like I said I just saw it today as a whole and WOW. It's the ****. The music, the...

View more questions Search