Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cajunokie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 11:29 AM
    Oklahoma property inheritance for spouse and childre
    If a parent dies and the surviving parent assumes all property while having two children but one is still a minor (13). Then the surviving parent re-marries and adds the new spouse's name to property. Later on in years the property is sold. What part of the deceased parents' property still belongs to the children? If the last parent dies and everything has been sold or transferred into the new spouses' name, what rights and or inheritance do the children have?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 11:59 AM

Whatever portion of the original property was left to the children in the original will.

Most likely though, the surviving spouse took all property rights and the kids are due what she wills to them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 6, 2009, 12:12 PM

There is not way to answer this question without knowing how the surviving spouse gained control of the property.

If it was through a will or joint tenancy, then once the property was transferred, its up to the current owner how to distribute it. If the property has now been transferred to the new spouse the children are probably out of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oklahoma property inheritance for spouse and children [ 1 Answers ]

If a father dies without a will and leaves a house and a small amount of money, does everything go to the wife or does his half go to their 6 adult children? If the wife sells the house after her husband has been dead 9 years, does she get all the proceeds or does she only get half and the 6...

Inheritance of residential property [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My father will leave me his home property via the Family Living Trust that's currently in his name. There will be a mortgage due, and I am told that as long as I continue making payments on this (non-assumable) loan, there is nothing further I need to do. How then can I get this property...

Foreign Property Inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 33 yr. oldPhilippino with an American husband (legally married in Ottawa, Canada). Yes, it's same-sex marriage. Aaanyway, my husband already made the will & stated that I will be the sole beneficiary of his properties. BUT.

Inheritance Property [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Idaho but acquired some property in Pennsylvania from my late grandmother. The property was sold and divided between 4 siblings. My question is do I have to pay taxes on my portion of the money I earned from the sale. Thank You

View more questions Search