Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lightbulbs1 Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 10:22 AM
    What can he do?
    My friend, he just turned 17 years old and lives in Canada.His dad beat on him when he was 15, and his dad took $140.00 from him because my friend took $10.00 for his cell phone.His dad still yells at him and one time his dad found a pair of broken safety glasses and threw them at my friend.My friend is having a bad life.He wants to do somting about it but he is very shy. He doesn't do proper school, he home schools and he doesn't have a job. What can he do?
    Mayank Verma Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

May 6, 2009, 11:03 AM

Actually your friend finds difficulties with his dad because he is not a active person. His body language is not impressive may be the reason that he is unable to get right reaction.He should need to be active person can remove his shy and say everything he is hestitated to tell his dad!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 12:02 PM

Call the cops and/or if they have child protective services call them. Your friend shouldn't be living in this type of environment.

Where is his mom?
    nikkiboo Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

May 6, 2009, 06:11 PM

Is this friend really YOU? Sorry if it sounds rude just want to no
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

May 6, 2009, 11:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Call the cops and/or if they have child protective services call them. Y
    That's the best idea,, if your fren can't stand up against his dad, or if he can't call the cops,, y don you do it?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 7, 2009, 12:54 AM

The police wouldn't be able to do much unless there is physical violence.

Child services is the best way to go :)
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 7, 2009, 11:23 AM

Either call the police or call child protection/services ASAP.

Get a restraining order against the dad and tell your friend to move out of the house.

Then tell your friend to get some counselling to cope with this dramatizing situation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2009, 08:21 AM

A two year old beating will do nothing since he is not doing it any longer.

Whose cell phone was it, the dad's, who bought it, if the son sold a cell phone for 10 dollars, it sounds like his dad made him "pay" for it, that is not stealing that is making him pay for his loss.
    oscarlicous Posts: 154, Reputation: 10

May 8, 2009, 08:28 AM

That is not a right thing to do!! Ugh just reading that makes me so mad that somebody would take out all their anger on a teen. The dad helped create him and yet he steals from him! Becoming a parent means housing, taking care of the kids, and teaching them things! Stealing is something that the parents shouldn't teach them. I know that your friend may know better to steal, but that is just wrong.ugh sorry just getting really mad about the dad thing. You rfriend is still a minor so he or you can call the child protection agancy.
    joshdom Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 07:42 PM

I know what he is going through, I was a victim of domestic violence at a young age. He needs to leave the house, or get the dad to. It is the only way forward. It is difficult because he is family, but you need to try and support him as much as possible but you can't tell him what to do. Ultimately, if you fear for him tell the authorities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search