Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joann012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 06:17 AM
    Disadvantages of Teachers wearing uniforms.
    Hello everyone! This isn't exactly a question about "teaching" but I think it falls under the same category since it has something to do with education. I need to find out the disadvantages of teachers having to wear uniforms. Thanks! :D
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 06:23 AM

The students wearing uniforms?
    Joann012 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 06:43 AM
    Nope.. the teachers. I am against the teachers wearing uniforms so I need points to substantiate why they shouldn't wear uniforms :o
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 12:28 PM

I can't really think of any disadvantages... unless they were yellow... I don't look good in yellow... ;)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 6, 2009, 12:32 PM

Well, teachers in Catholic schools and military academies usually wear uniforms. I don't see where that makes for a disadvantage.

But I don't see why it would be necessary (other than in the above situations) to require a uniform. Teachers are not subject to the peer pressures that their students are in terms of attire.

Now a dress code is a different issue. How a teacher dresses whould not be a distraction to the students.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wearing specs is necessary [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 23 years aged guy. I had short sight problem from my college days (for 2 years).. but at that time I didn't care and I thought that won't be a problem. One month before I went for eye check-up.. and the doctor told that I have a short sight problem.. my power is -0.75. And he also...

Wearing out your welcome [ 19 Answers ]

After 10 years of marriage my 51 year old wife is off the pill and wants me to wear a rubber. I tried but don't like it. She told me to get fixed but I said no. Her doctor says that she must get off the pill for health reasons since a woman shouldn't be on the pill after that many years. I'm...

School uniforms for teachers and faculty [ 9 Answers ]

Should teachers and administrators of elementary schoold children wear uniforms?

Wearing White [ 3 Answers ]

My sister is engaged to be married. She called me this morning in tears because her fiance's sister has purchased an ivory, lace covered dress to wear to the wedding. My sister's wedding gown is ivory and covered in lace. The sister of the groom was aware of this before purchasing her dress. ...

View more questions Search